Thread: Calendar Sharing Folder not Found

jeepville is offline Active Member

Default Calendar Sharing Folder not Found

I am implementing calendar sharing and having some issues.

I have a few users who get an error when trying to open up another users share.

Here is how it goes.

User A gets email from user b telling them about share. They goto open shared calendar and click on gal and the users name. Error comes up folder not found and nothing happens.

Here is the odd part. This user already has many other users calendars on their outlook that worked just fine and continue working fine.

It is random like many users worked just fine to open user b's calendar just user A cannot.
    I have checked the registry on user a's outlook and it was at 2 not 3 but outlook kept changing it back to 2. So I deleted outcmd.dat and set it to 3 now it is at 3 but still does not work to open up user b's calendar.

They are all on the 4.5.9 connector some have even tried the new 4.5.10 connector.

These are all windows xp pro and outlook 2003 machines.

The share works fine in the zimbra webpage if I accept it through there.

Help this one is driving me nuts!!!

Thanks

Joshua
    Last edited by jeepville; 11-29-2007 at 12:22 PM.

PeterH is offline Senior Member

Question

We experience the same problem with connector 4.5.9.
    Is this a known issue or did the poster as well as I not read documentation well enough since there's no response to the thread?

regards,
    Peter
    Using ZCS Network-edition 5.0.16 on Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS and 8.04 LTS

jeepville is offline Active Member

Yep still having the problem but kind of found a not very feasable fix. I formatted a pc that was having this issue the other day as it was just its time been a few years since a fresh install. When I put outlook back on it was able to link to the 2 users that it was getting folder not found on. Didnt make any changes to the server. So I would guess it has to be an outlook connector problem.

I have tried uninstalling the connector and just installing the 4.5.10 and that doesnt fix it either.

jeffreyheinen is offline Senior Member

From what I saw, it is some sort of Outlook Connector and/or caching problem. We had the same thing. The user (XP Pro, Service Pack 2 / Outlook 2003 ) would not be able to see a few calendars, but configuration-wise they were no different then any other account.

We attempted to make a new profile for the user. But that did not fix the issue. However, when we returned the user to the original profile, they were able to see the problem calendars. We don't know why.

Zimbra Support is aware of the problem, but we were unable to give them enough detail to reproduce the problem. If anyone has this issue, lets keep trying to find the cause of this bug.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyheinen View Post
    Zimbra Support is aware of the problem, but we were unable to give them enough detail to reproduce the problem. If anyone has this issue, lets keep trying to find the cause of this bug.
    Was a bug report raised, if so what's the bug number?

Network Edition customers that have this problem should contact support, raise a support case and get yourself added to the bug report. Open Source users, please add yourself to the bug report. Full details of your problem should be given and don't forget to vote on it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jeffreyheinen is offline Senior Member

As far as I know, there was no bug report generated. Angad, Jason, my boss and I could not narrow down the issue to see if it was a ZCO bug or a problem with a corrupted local cache / profile. We had a "debugging session" scheduled in the hopes of gathering enough data, but the Profile switch fix happened.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Can you send me a PM with the case number and I'll just check if there was a bug report created? Probably not if you've not been told but I thought I'd check.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dstoliker is offline Senior Member

You're not alone. We're having the exact same issue. Outlook 2003, XP Pro SP2, ZCS 4.5.10 server and connector. The only "solution" we've had limited success with is creating a new profile. But it seems to be a crap shoot whether all the attempts to connect to a shared calendar will work or not. We have two users in particular that are trying to look at 15-20 shared calendars and only about half work.

If there's any other information I could offer to try and get this resolved, I'd be happy to do so.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

DS-
    have you contacted support? They might be able to grab the info from you that we need.

Thread Information