Thread: Outlook 2007 with Connector - error SharingAddin.DLL

lorin is offline Starter Member

Default Outlook 2007 with Connector - error SharingAddin.DLL

When I use Outlook Connector v. 4.5.7 with Outlook 2007, it doesn't create a Zimbra profile and throws the following error. But Outlook 2007 works fine using the v. 4.5.4 connector. I have to use hte 4.5.7 Import Wizard, of course.

Error when starting Outlook (Outlook Error):

"The Add-in "Zimbra Client Extension" (SharingAddin.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Contact your Add-in manufacturer for an update..."

Anybody else?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

as reported earlier in the forums, you must use a 5.0 connector with outlook 2007. while there are reports of 4.5.x connectors working with outlook 2007, you will run into many bugs, some subtle.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

pfilias is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorin View Post
    When I use Outlook Connector v. 4.5.7 with Outlook 2007, it doesn't create a Zimbra profile and throws the following error. But Outlook 2007 works fine using the v. 4.5.4 connector. I have to use hte 4.5.7 Import Wizard, of course.

Error when starting Outlook (Outlook Error):

"The Add-in "Zimbra Client Extension" (SharingAddin.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Contact your Add-in manufacturer for an update..."

Anybody else?
    I am actually using the Outlook Connector on Vista 32 with Outlook 2007 and version 5.0.15, and I get this exact same error. Even if I uninstall the connector, I get this same error. I don't even know where Outlook is trying to load this from.

fsiegel is offline Zimbra Employee

Try going into Tools->Trust Center->Addins. Then in the dropdown at the bottom, select Exchange Client Extensions and say go. Then uncheck Zimbra Client Extension.

Now leave Outlook and restart it. See what happens.

The Zimbra Client Extension really should be enabled. At this point, you might want to uninstall the connector (via Add Remove Programs) and reinstall.

Don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try.

Another thing you might want to try first is to delete the extend.dat file. This is Outlook's local cache of the registry entries that describe the extensions. It is located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Make sure Outlook is shut down, delete this file, and open Outlook again. The file will be recreated.

On Vista, extend.dat may be in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outloo k -- can't remember offhand.

pfilias is offline New Member

Thanks... I actually got frustrated and removed Office 2007 and reinstalled it. After that, it worked!

kookastu is offline Junior Member

Default SharinAddin.dll + Outbox hang

Hi,

I've been having a very similar issue with a couple of our users recieving the "The Add-in "Zimbra Client Extension" (SharingAddin.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Contact your Add-in manufacturer for an update..." error. This is also appears to alternate with mailbox being stuck in the Outbox and the only remedy is to restart Outlook 2007.

Just to confirm we're running Outlook 2007 Professional with Zimbra OLK Connector 6.0.5_GA_2213_6.0.5846.5 and this is on a Windows XP Pro machine and 7 Pro.

I've tried the following -

1. Zimbra Connector Repairs + re-installs
    2. Office 2007 Repairs + re-installs
    3. New mail profile
    4. New desktop profile with new mail profile
    5. New Machine only copying across her archive pst file and downloading a fresh copy of her mailbox from the server

Both use a couple of persona's which appear as an account button on a new email composition window so I'm not sure if that could be causing the issue?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated folks...but as you can see from above, re-installing office 2007 didn't resolve for me

Thanks in advance

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by pfilias View Post
    Thanks... I actually got frustrated and removed Office 2007 and reinstalled it. After that, it worked!

Thread Information