Thread: disabling Outlook 2003's AutoArchive? push out to HKCU instead of a login script?

gettyless is offline Loyal Member

Default disabling Outlook 2003's AutoArchive? push out to HKCU instead of a login script?

One oversight of mine before I rolled out zimbra was I did not disable AutoArchive. I'm thinking it would make sense to, because I want to centralize all mail to the server -- so I can spend time making the server backups rock solid, instead of dealing with PST files scattered across a bunch of desktops.

Anyway, it turns out to be just a registry setting, but in the HKCU hive:
    Disabling the Auto-Archive function in Outlook 2003 :: sanx.org :: Windows the way you want it

...which I find annoying because I haven't figured out a way to *push* out changes. Will I have to rely on a "pull" method like in a login script? What I don't like about login scripts is I have to tell users to logout/login, or I have to wait until they reboot (the next day, or whenever they come back).

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I haven't tried this, nor read the documentation in detail, but this plug-in (free) would appear to be a 'push' for registry changes. Does it suit your purpose?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information