Thread: Some Outlook users report not seeing mail until long after delivery to Zimbra

dwlogical is offline New Member

Default Some Outlook users report not seeing mail until long after delivery to Zimbra

I have some Outlook users who are saying that sometimes during the day they'll suddenly get a spurt of email into their inboxes. The mail in question appears to be several hours old. I have researched the logs on the server and looked at the header of one of the messages. It appears to me that mail is being delivered in a timely fashion (see my posting in the administrator's forum about verifying my assumptions: Perceived delay in message delivery)

Assuming that I'm right about mail being delivered to the users' inboxes as soon as it hits the server, the problem would appear to be with the Outlook Connector. The users report that the Connector seems to be working fine when they do a Send/Receive. Most users are using the pre-release 4.5.7 Connector.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

chh
    chh is offline Advanced Member

I see a similar problem with one of my customers.
    Mail can be found in the Web client, but not in Outlook (n one case the mails were synced to Outlook after a new login).

Not sure about the problem as it seems I cannot get logging to work for those people.

Christian

dwlogical is offline New Member

Default Work around

More details: I tried uninstalling the Outlook Connector and deleting the Zimbra profile and re-installing it. No change. Then I repeated the process but deleted the zimbra.zdb file from my c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook folder (where "user" = the user's login) before re-installing the Connector. For one user at least, it's now working.

Thread Information