- It means we'll need to wait until we can get the 5.0 server fully deployed before anyone using Outlook 2007 can connect - I was hoping that it would just be a case of giving them the new connector version.
- We will need to upgrade the server and connectors simultaneously - or will the 4.5 connector still work when the server is upgraded to 5.0?
yea the story has changed here henry said above (edited his post now) and I swear I saw it somewhere else too that version 5 would work with 4.5 but now they are all saying version 5 only works with version 5. Which when I bought my license they said a patch for 4.5 would be out shortly that supports 2k7. I have that in an email. I sure hope they bring it out for 4.5 because 5.0 sounds like a major upgrade and pretty distant for general release.
zimbra, which i have been touting for quite awhile now, really lost some BIG points w/ me and I'm just on the hairy edge of pulling my company out of an account with our provider because of this. You guys really dropped the ball on this one, especially the false promise of a 2k7 connector for 4.5 server. i'm pissed!!
Gang, sorry for the confusion around Outlook 2k7 status. There have been many threads on this topic, each reflecting the best information available at that time but not all in full context.
In general I'd summarize status as:
- 5.0 Connector for 2k7 has always been a component designed to work with ZCS 5.0 server
- Making the 5.0 Connector also work with a ZCS 4.5 server has been discussed; but it is not an official road map item. (It's non trivial work to GA)
- We're reaching out now to the community to help test the 5.0 Connector / ZCS 5.0 beta.
- As part of that, a patch enabling 5.0 Connector beta to be tested against a 4.5 server is being worked on to help with evaluations / beta sessions.
Please stay tuned for more specific information about the beta plan and getting involved VERY soon; we appreciate your patience. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions in the mean time.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)