Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Outlook crash, kindof - best way to fix?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

you should upgrade to the latest ZCO (5.0.6 is coming very soon)
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

mmorse is offline Moderator

Crispin is offline Junior Member

Hi, I upgraded my Zimbra server to 5.0.6 version and installed the 5.0.6 outlook connector on a Windows Vista Bussiness with Outlook 2007 and i'm still having the same problem. I can't open a shared calendar and when i try to send a mail i see a error and if I omit the error i can send the mail, but if i click on retry outlook crashes.

Can anybody help me!

Thanks in advance.

skrewloose is offline Intermediate Member

outlook 2003 and connector 5.0.6 (was fine on 4.5.4)
    get an error about the zimbra connector, the user(s) are pushed offline, requiring manual intervention of file -> work offline (unchecking it).

Some users still on the 4.5.4 connector have no issues (mail/cal sync only)

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by skrewloose View Post
    outlook 2003 and connector 5.0.6 (was fine on 4.5.4)
    get an error about the zimbra connector, the user(s) are pushed offline, requiring manual intervention of file -> work offline (unchecking it).

Some users still on the 4.5.4 connector have no issues (mail/cal sync only)
    5.0.6 had a bug fix that made this error less frequent. so if you are still seeing it, then you need to track Bug 27213 – Connection Setting Mismatch when connection is closed on server side

sach is offline Starter Member

Default Macro security settings

Hello. Filling this in here in case somebody searching has run into the same problem ("Debug Assertion Failed!" message during sending of emails).

With, Outlook 2007 and zimbra connector 5.0.11, had the same problem. Reg value was set correctly, but outlook displayed the the add-in as being disabled anyway. If you try to active it it complains about the cert not being trustable or valid or something and refuses to enable.

Resolved by going to Help->Privacy Options->Add-ins and ticking OFF the check box that says "Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins"
    Last edited by sach; 12-04-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: clarifying the undesired behavior for accuracy.

Crispin is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sach View Post
    Hello. Filling this in here in case somebody searching has run into the same problem.

With, Outlook 2007 and zimbra connector 5.0.11, had the same problem. Reg value was set correctly, but outlook displayed the the add-in as being disabled anyway. If you try to active it it complains about the cert not being trustable or valid or something and refuses to enable.

Resolved by going to Help->Privacy Options->Add-ins and ticking OFF the check box that says "Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins"
    Hello I tried this possible solution with Outlook 2007 and zimbra connector but still crashing sending mails because we cannot do anything, the check box "Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins" is ticked off.

sach is offline Starter Member

To clarify, the undesired behavior was not outlook crashing, but during sending a warning message that says "Debug Assertino Failed!" (please see the first message in this thread for details).

I do recommend however that you read this entire thread very carefully. It's very possible your solution is already in here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information