Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlook crash, kindof - best way to fix?

jhill10110 is offline Starter Member

I am having the same problem. I do not have any Apple software installed at all. I opened a ticket with Zimbra support but have not yet received a resolution.

tgrizzel is offline Active Member

Default outlook crashes

You know I had this show up on yet another computer after trying to update her to the latest connector.... I uninstalled the program, profiles and all that other stuff according to the directions zimbra gives.... I had to roll her back to 4.5.5 rather than the 4.5.7 that I am using. I tried every trick I could find online and had no luck with hers.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

@Jason- Hi. Support has received your ticket, and someone should contact your shortly.

@everyone else-
    We've created a bug for tracking this issue:
    Bug 19977 - iTunes (Newer than 7.3(53)) and Outlook Connector Crash outlook

Any and all helpful information you can provide would be helpful. Searching around the net, it seems that many products are having trouble with Apple's new Exchange connector.

It's important to consider that these may be two separate issues. The debug issue may be Bug 18094 - intitial sync large mailbox with large external gal causes debug assertion .

Check that and see if that's what you're experiencing.

Sincerely,
    john

mmergen is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    It's important to consider that these may be two separate issues. The debug issue may be Bug 18094 - intitial sync large mailbox with large external gal causes debug assertion .

Check that and see if that's what you're experiencing.

Sincerely,
    john

What is the method to check to see if debug assertion is caused by the issue reported in Bug 18094?

We have a user experiencing a similar issue. On sending from Outlook using the 4.5.7 ZCO pre-release, the user gets the same debug assertion. This does not cause a crash per-se, but the user is unable to send messages in the regular Outlook client. The debug assertion only appears on send.

User is able to send and receive when using Outlook in "safe" mode.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

pgienger is offline Active Member

For us the issue only started after a couple of weeks of using the program, so the initial sync should not be the case. The user is also not excessively large, comparatively speaking, although I would say he needs to clean up a bit. He can also send mail just fine, if he wants to put up with the error every time.

I have yet to debug his machine more but I will check for the existence of apple programs.

tgrizzel is offline Active Member

John, it does not seem that either of these are my issue...........
    Last edited by tgrizzel; 09-12-2007 at 11:38 AM.

someone is offline New Member

Default &*#^@&* Zimbra Connector

I have this issue now myself. Brand new computers with barely any software. We are migrating a small 5 user environment over to using zimbra and I have been at the office now for 5 hours trying to debug this connector issue. I have run into previous problems like this and been able to track it down to some outlook extension, some virus scanning software or whatever. I believe the replacement of the file handling (.pst to .zdb) is a big mistake and must be causing issues with any other third party application that needs to read/write to the database that it thinks outlook controls.

What is the deal... why does this seem to be the biggest problem with my Zimbra upgrades.

Where is the Zimbra Client that runs native in windows without OUTLOOK!!

mmorse is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    Where is the Zimbra Client that runs native in windows without OUTLOOK!!
    Getting there Zimbra on your Desktop

pgienger is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    ]I believe the replacement of the file handling (.pst to .zdb) is a big mistake and must be causing issues with any other third party application that needs to read/write to the database that it thinks outlook controls.
    While I understand the idea you're getting at, with the non-standard files, this is a really poor ideal you're promoting. First off, the zdb files are a local cache. That's why they're in $PROFILEDIR\Local Settings. If they get corrupt you just delete them and resync. Secondly, do you try to read-write to the mysql/oracle/ms-sq data files? Why would you? MS designed a viable API to read this data, people like RIM, and anyone else that goes direct to the PST should learn to use it.

/rant

We're in a similar situation here also, machines that the user does not have admin rights on have started popping up with the error now. I would be tempted to believe that it was a windows update changing a library file someplace if my own machine wasn't working properly.

ryanp is offline Active Member

I've got a user experiencing the same debug assertion failure when sending a message. We've found that some update from MS Update fixed it, but after a reboot the issue resurfaced. Also, we've reinstalled Outlook as well as the connector, however we're still experiencing this issue. The user suspects that after we fix this by reinstalling, and she reboots, the issue resurfaces. I've not found an actual fix to this, so I suspect it's still an open bug. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by ryanp; 09-24-2007 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added picture

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information