Hello all

I am working on a client's computer (a Lenovo x60 running WinXP). He had an issue with his roaming profile and now Outlook Connector won't install and consequently, he (we) can't get Outlook to run inorder to set up his account again.

It has worked fine in the past with version 4.5.3_GA_731_4.5.168. I must say that if I'm logging in as a local administrator it works fine. The problem only seems to come from when I try to reestablish everything on his profile. The error message I receive is the following

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2103"

I know that 2103 usually deals with an issue with handling MSIs. However, I need some guidance of what/where to look on this system in order to provide anymore detail than that. This is also the first time I've come across this error.

Additionally if I follow the following code

msiexec /i \\server\share\package.msi ALLUSERS=1

with the substitutions needed, then it installs (from the public server) but MS-Outlook comes up with some sort of screen saying that some safe guard program is needing a password to allow me to use Outlook and it also has some sort of small gobbledygook at the bottom.

Any ideas? I can provide more information if needed with a little guidance.

Thanks in advance :-)

Glassman