Thread: Can I install Zimbra Collaboration Suite environment in server 2008

Harris68 is offline New Member

Default Can I install Zimbra Collaboration Suite environment in server 2008

Hi,

I am new to Zimbra, I want to use the plug-in for blackberry.
    I downloaded the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server but when I try to install it I gave the following message:

The installer was interupted befor Zimbra Connector for BES could be installed. you need to retart the installer to try again? Click "close" to exit.

I tried again and again, restarted my server but nothing happend.
    I saw in Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server documentation that I need to have Zimbra Collaoboration Suit Env. but its only avilable for linux and MAc platform.

anyone can help please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why did you download the Connector for Blackberry if you don't have a Zimbra server? The answer is no, you can't install it in Windows. ZCS is a purely a Linux/MAC product and Network Edition only which is a paid-for product. What is it you're trying to do?
    I have a Blackberry server and want to use Zimbra instead of Exchanger server for my emails.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harris68 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to Zimbra, I want to use the plug-in for blackberry.
    I downloaded the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server but when I try to install it I gave the following message:

The installer was interupted befor Zimbra Connector for BES could be installed. you need to retart the installer to try again? Click "close" to exit.

I tried again and again, restarted my server but nothing happend.
    I saw in Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server documentation that I need to have Zimbra Collaoboration Suit Env. but its only avilable for linux and MAc platform.

anyone can help please?
    Why did you download the Connector for Blackberry if you don't have a Zimbra server? The answer is no, you can't install it in Windows. ZCS is a purely a Linux/MAC product and Network Edition only which is a paid-for product. What is it you're trying to do?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I just find out that we have a zimbra server. and I installed Blackberry server on one of other server 2008, so how can I connect both of these? do I need any plug-in or how? can you help witht his please?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harris68 View Post
    I just find out that we have a zimbra server. and I installed Blackberry server on one of other server 2008, so how can I connect both of these? do I need any plug-in or how? can you help witht his please?
    You realise this is a product that you need to Licence (i.e. pay for) don't you? You need to have a Zimbra Network Edition server, a Connector and a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (you licence the Blackberry Server from RIM). If your installation doesn't have those installed then there's no ability to use the Blackberry Connector, in any case I can't help you with it as you will need to talk to your mail administrator about your requirements.

You can always connect your Blackberry to your mail server via IMAP and synchronise the mail if that's what you're trying to do.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information