Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlook 2007 will not install

rayt_rwm is offline Junior Member

The latest version of MAPI/CDO will NOT allow Outlook to install. I was able to get a previous version from Zimbra (still 1.21) that does allow Outlook to install.

Msprey is offline Intermediate Member

Default Outlook 2007 will not install

Tech Support. I have been working with a corporate Bes server now for 1 week on this issue with no resolution.

I urge anyone who has succeeded successfully to post any solution tips. This is a big problem.

Thanks.

Msprey is offline Intermediate Member

Smile Solution

The newer mapi cdo installation will not work. Here is the link to the installation that is compatable with outlook 2007:

CLICK HERE

M

abhullar is offline Zimbra Employee

The newest Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 installer cannot coexist with Outlook 2007.

You can download an earlier version of this file in order to install Outlook 2007.

You can Downlod here

Syren Baran is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by abhullar View Post
    The newest Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 installer cannot coexist with Outlook 2007.
    I'm slightly disatisfied with this solution. Even the old linked version of MAPI/CDO does not install after Outlook 2007 (ok, thats not the proposed order of installation).

Is the MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 only required for installation?

If not, is it advisable to to deactivate automatic updates to prevent updates from possibly breaking this (conflicting) configuration?

eugener is offline Zimbra Employee

>I'm slightly disatisfied with this solution. Even the old linked version of >MAPI/CDO does not install after Outlook 2007 (ok, thats not the proposed >order of installation).

Right. Installation order is important and MAPI/CDO has to be installed before Outlook. This way you won't get errors.

>Is the MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 only required for installation?

MAPI/CDO is currently required. However, in the effort to simplify installation procedure we will change this requirement in upcoming releases of zcb 6.0.8 and zcb 6.5

>If not, is it advisable to to deactivate automatic updates to prevent >updates from possibly breaking this (conflicting) configuration?

it is recommended to disable automatic updates

Syren Baran is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by eugener View Post
    >If not, is it advisable to to deactivate automatic updates to prevent >updates from possibly breaking this (conflicting) configuration?

it is recommended to disable automatic updates
    Thanks for the quick and informative answer.

Since i'm still in the phase of evaluating the solutions (and push mail to Blackberries is a requirement) i would like to know the if the zimbra-funambol connector can be considered production quality (or should i open a new thread for this question?).

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Syren Baran View Post
    Since i'm still in the phase of evaluating the solutions (and push mail to Blackberries is a requirement) i would like to know the if the zimbra-funambol connector can be considered production quality (or should i open a new thread for this question?).
    There isn't a Zimbra (the company) Funambol connector, the zimbra-funambol connector is a community developed and supported product. I think you'd be best trying the connector or asking in the Funambol thread what it's status is and what the user experience is.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

xeon is offline Advanced Member

I followed the instructions perfectly and cannot install Outlook 2007 with SP2. I have tried multiple known working medias. I installed ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI 1.2.1 as per the instructions at step 2. Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit.

Once I uninstalled Exchange MAPI Outlook was able to install Outlook and apply SP2 no problem. I do not want to continue the installation of ZCB.

Please give me some advise. And no, going to Windows 2003 non R2 is not an option as you said Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit is SUPPORTED according to this thread:Windows Server 2003 R2 Supported?

eugener is offline Zimbra Employee

In ZCB 6.0.8 installation procedure(see below) has been simplified so that installation of MAPI/CDO is no longer necessary:

-install Outlook 2007
    -install standalone CDO(Download details: Collaboration Data Objects, version 1.2.1)
    -install ZCB 6.0.8 (grab latest one from website)
    -create MAPI profiles
    -install BES

ZCB 6.0.8 install document on the website was supposed to be updated with steps above. If not, please grab this document from support(support@zimbra.com)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information