Thread: [SOLVED] Problems after upgrade to 5.0.18

krabina is offline Special Member

Default [SOLVED] Problems after upgrade to 5.0.18

Hi,
    yesterday evening I upgraded BES connector to 5.0.18. At first no problems, Blackberries worked. Today the BES stopped working. The current situation:

When I start the BES controller service, after a minute or so the following message pops up:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library:
    Debug Assertion Failed!
    Program: ...ch in Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BlackBerryAgent.exe
    File: dbgheap.c
    Line: 1143
    Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

When I try to start Outlook manually, it crashes. When I stop BES controller, Outlook starts.

When I try to start BES Management Console, i get the message:
    An error occured while initializing a MAPI session using the profile "BlackBerryManager". Please review the log for details.

When I stop BES controller, the Management Console starts.

In now started BES controller again with the open BesManagement Console, now it worked. Now I also can start Outlook (with the running BES controller).

But still, nothing gets delivered to the handhelds.

I'm using Outlook SP2 and BES connector 5.0.18. I tried the BES connector repair.
    Last edited by krabina; 08-19-2009 at 07:55 AM.

MAGT-Log reads:
    40206] (08/19 16:13:21.973):{0xB4} MailboxManager::SubsystemInitialize - Using MAPI profile 'BlackBerryServer'
    [20139] (08/19 16:13:22.832):{0xB4} MailboxManager::SubsystemInitialize - Exception handled
    [10277] (08/19 16:13:22.832):{0xB4} BlackBerry Messaging Agent KDZSERVER03 Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 0
    [50106] (08/19 16:13:22.832):{0xB4} Stopping BlackBerry Mailbox Agent 1 for Server KDZSERVER03

No recent "No Response" entries.
    No recent zco-cores dump.

BlackberryAgent.exe and Outlook.exe are not running...

I figured that Outlook not starting with BES controller running is normal behaviour. I can start outlook when BES controller is closed down, choose among both profiles. After closing Outlook and restarting BES controller the Debug Assertion Failed message comes up again.
    After the error message, BlackBerryAgent.exe is still running, but outlook.exe is not...

newtobes is offline Active Member

I had the same issue when I first installed it where initially Outlook didn't show up in my Task Manager (which had me worried) but according to what the Zimbra support engineer told me, said with this version Outlook may not appear in the task manager (even though it's running). I'm not sure how or why. However, eventually it did start appear in the Task Manager but it was after repairing ZCB.

The MAPI error is usually generated when there's more than one session of BlackBerry Manager open.

Based on our experience, I would avoid manually launching Outlook as it can create other problems.

Meanwhile I figured that I was not running the lastest BES. I upgraded from MR2 to MR6.

After a restart the following happened:

first message is that Outlook.exe crashed. This happens several times (e.g. 5-8 times). Then CalHelper.exe crashed. After that oulook again crashed.

I stopped all BES-Services. Then I started outlook in the BlackBerryServer profile. I was able to see the GAL, see all User accounts, and write an E-Mail from besadmin to a user with the Outlook installation on the server.

I closed outlook, started BES services again. Now it's running and I can also start BES Manager without errors.

But still nothing got delivered. The BES Manager showed that it has has "never" connected to any of the devices. Therefore I set an activation password and did the activation again. The device activated and worked again.

So after re-activating every device, I'm fine again. Maybe I run into problems again after a server restart. But as now everything is working, I will not do that now...

I can confirm that outlook.exe is not shown in the task manager, but it's working anyway.

-Bernhard

y@w
    y@w is offline Moderator

Sadly, I'm guessing I'm too late for you, but hopefully I can be in time for anyone else running into this.. We had the same problems and had to follow the instructions at:

Blackberry Stops Sync After Updating Outlook to SP2 - Zimbra :: Wiki

We were seeing the exact same behavior after upgrading to 5.0.18 and after we followed the instructions in the wiki, it seemed to work just fine.

rfoster is offline Active Member

y@w,

Thanks! That helped a bunch here.

Thread Information