Thread: Local failure notice with Blackberry Professional

Rick Baker is offline Loyal Member

Default Local failure notice with Blackberry Professional

We have started getting this error on our BB phones. All is related to the calendar sync.

Running ZCS beta 3.

Local Failures were detected. No action is required.
    This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.

Sync Type: Delta Sync

Sync Token: 401884

Store: Zimbra - Name of user

Computer Name: Server name

Version: 5.0.2676.10

Error IDs:
    id (150467) type(appointment) message([Subject: tert]
    [Details: GITERROR! Exception thrown!! 800706be..COM Exception
    HRESULT: -2147023170. ])
    id (150477) type(appointment) message([Subject: trt]
    [Details: GITERROR! Exception thrown!! 800706be..COM Exception
    HRESULT: -2147023170. ])

I have repaired outlook 2007. Still not fixed.

Any ideas what this is? I am not aware of any software changes on the server.

buttadee is offline Active Member

Hi Rick,
    I got the same thing today when I applied Windows updates (including some Outlook 2007 updates) in a batch. I know you said you are not aware of any software changes on the server, but I don't know whether you're the one and only admin of that box or what.

If you're logged in to the BES box, did you happen to also get a Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library "Debug Assertion failed!" error in a pop-up? Maybe one that implicates BlackBerryAgent.exe in the details? I got this each time I was restarting the BB services, in the recommended order, trying to see if that would help solve my problem.

I run ZCB beta 4, which had been running fine, in a VM and luckily took a snapshot of the server before doing updates because I feared any update to Outlook would mess up something. I was right. I even had noted awhile back, from a sticky (I think) in this forum that said either Windows Update or Outlook repair procedure may overwrite connector’s core modules and correspondingly break calendar functionality and that it is advised to run ZCB BETA4 connector repair after aforementioned procedures are completed. Well, I reran the .msi and nothing got better, so I rolled back to the snapshot to save time.

It is possible that removing the suspected updates would fix the problem, but I wound up not having to go that route (yet--I obviously want to learn what was wrong and be able to update in the future!) since I could roll back to the snapshot I had taken. I actually found your post because I have a little time now to start researching what might be the problem I encountered today....

In case this could help you, here is the list of the updates I applied today:
    KB969897 (for IE7)
    KB969682 (Excel 2007)
    KB969604 (Word 2007)
    KB969559 (2007 Microsoft Office System)
    KB969613 (2007 Microsoft Office System)
    KB969679 (2007 Microsoft Office System)
    KB961501 (Server 2003)
    KB968537 (Server 2003)
    KB970238 (Server 2003)
    KB969907 (Outlook 2007)
    KB970012 (Outlook 2007 Junk Email filter)
    KB969898 (ActiveX killbits for Server 2003)
    KB890830 (Windows MSRT-June 2009)

HTH,
    Brandi

jhamilton is offline Junior Member

Default Microsoft Patches Cause of Problem

I had the same issues today, and was a direct result of Microsoft patches being applied to Outlook 2007. I saw the same assertion, visual c++ errors.

I ended up uninstalling Outlook 2007 and re-installing without applying any of the patches. Worked like a champ. All errors including sync errors stopped.

BTW... I also disabled Automatic Server updates to prevent future occurrences until Zimbra or BES comes out with a Fix.

Thanks for the confirmation Jhamilton. I only install updates by hand, hence the long list there in my previous post, but at least I don't get nasty surprises at random times this way. Any chance your experience today could be narrowed down to one specific patch? I'm guessing the KB969907 one (that specifically was for Outlook 2007) was it, but don't have the time to be "scientific" about it.

So you did not install SP3 to Outlook? And did you have to recreate BlackBerryServer and BlackBerryManager profiles, or did the new install pick the profiles back up?

Thanks,
    Brandi

Default No specific patch

Unfortunately, I did not have the time to remove each of the patches individually, nor did I wish to reapply them after discovering the issue.

The good thing is that you do not need to recreate the profiles. You can leave the mail profiles alone. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Outlook does not appear to make any changes to the mail profiles. That seems to be stored elsewhere or at a minimum is left alone by the uninstall process.

My first attempt was to install Outlook 2007. I am not aware of a SP3 for 2007. SP2 however can not be uninstalled. So a total uninstall was required to remove the SP2.

I'll be working more on this tomorrow. Hopefully I figure out exactly which patch caused the pain.

Yes, sorry, I realized later that I had misrepresented the service pack on Office 2007. Was thinking about another version! So yes, I only have up to SP2 as well.

Default Related Issue

Sent items are from "unknown"

This is another issue related to the recent Outlook patches. Not sure yet how it's connected, but one of the patches installed this weekend caused these issues as well.

eugener is offline Zimbra Employee

This is fixed as a part of Bug 38071. New version of BES connector will be posted very soon. In the meantime, please try using Outlook 2007 with SP1 or without any service packs. In addition, disabling Windows update on BES machine will further protect BES from similar incidents in the future.

Thread Information