Change Display Name
How can I change a user's Display Name on the emails the sent from the BB? Say, in the case of a marriage (or, what really happened is I spelled the name wrong when I first created the Zimbra account).
The Display Name is correct in the Zimbra Administration GUI, but when I go to "Add User" on the BES, the old, misspelled, Display Name is still shown.
Resyncing of the GAL may help. In case if you are running ZCB GA, please use button on zcb logging control (type zcologctl.exe in command prompt) to force GAL resync.
In case if you are using older version of ZCB please find post in this forum that contains list of steps on how to force GAL sync using MAPI editor.
Forcing a GAL sync (using the ZCB GA zcologctl button) will populate and change other entries, but not what BES uses as "Display Name." It seems like BES is using Zimbra's "Display Name" entry as the "Name" entry in BES. I can't get the BES "Display Name" to change.
Anyone with any other ideas? I'm still having this issue with this user.
It apears that 'Display As' field of contact remains unchanged after GAL resync is done. I just submited the fix for this (please see bug 38216 for details). It wil become available in the next release of zcb. In the meantime, please feel free to use simple workaround to change 'Display Name' of GAL contact:
- stop BB controller and exit from BB manager
- use Outlook to open 'BalckBerryManager' as well as 'BlackBerryServer' profile
- go to Tools->Address Book
- select contact in question and change corresponding 'Display As' field
- close Outlook, start BB controller, open BB manager
- verify that change has made to BB manager's 'Add user' panel