Thread: [SOLVED] GAL issues - new installation

Rom
    Rom is offline Member

Unhappy [SOLVED] GAL issues - new installation

Hi all,

This is driving me crazy, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

We have installed a second BES instance for testing BES to Zimbra connections, but we can't get it working. Everything installs fine, we've double and triple checked all settings (including the MAPI profiles), we get no errors from the BES, and the mailbox.log shows the following:

2009-04-21 18:16:26,694 INFO [btpool0-8] [ip=172.xxx.xxx.xxx;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2683.13;] soap - AuthRequest
    2009-04-21 18:16:27,746 INFO [btpool0-8] [name=bberryadmin@mydomain.com;mid=164;ip=172.xxx.x xx.xxx;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2683.13;] soap - GetAccountInfoRequest
    2009-04-21 18:16:27,753 INFO [btpool0-8] [name=bberryadmin@mydomain.com;mid=164;ip=172.xxx.x xx.xxx;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2683.13;] soap - GetInfoRequest
    2009-04-21 18:16:27,767 INFO [btpool0-8] [name=bberryadmin@mydomain.com;mid=164;ip=172.xxx.x xx.xxx;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2683.13;] soap - CreateWaitSetRequest
    2009-04-21 18:16:29,060 INFO [btpool0-8] [name=bberryadmin@mydomain.com;mid=164;ip=172.xxx.x xx.xxx;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2683.13;] soap - WaitSetRequest

The "WaitSetRequest" is displayed periodically forever. No other messages get logged.

The Add User dialogue never shows any users so we cannot proceed...

Any idea what the problem could be? Please let me know if you require any other logs.

Thanks!

S.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

attach a screen shot of the add-user-dialog
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Rom
    Rom is offline Member

Hi Sam,

Here's the screen shot... It's just an empty list:

Thanks!

S.

Rom
    Rom is offline Member

Also, I found that I can manually populate a list by adding an Outlook contact locally - but when running the activation of a device, the ETP email just sits in my inbox - further proof that the BES is not reading the mailbox.

Thanks!

S.

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

Would be best to open a case with support@zimbra.com so they can investigate logs, etc.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Rom
    Rom is offline Member

I went ahead and installed the GA... Still have the same issue. Could it be because I have a proxy? I specify the main ZCS server as the host to connect to (on port 7071), but the latest documentation says that ZCB needs to connect to port 443... Well, because I have a proxy, port 443 is not open on the main ZCS server (8443 is open instead - this was done by zmtlsctl).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

scatcat is offline Intermediate Member

I have same problem now.
    Did you solve the problem? if so please post the solution.

Thank you

eugener is offline Zimbra Employee

Port 443 must be open for zcb to function properly. Please try to find another zcs node(server) which has port 443 open and point zcb to this node.

Rom
    Rom is offline Member

Well... the problem resolved itself after going through the entire install with a fine tooth comb and re-updating everything (service packs, etc). The GAL appears after a "while" (I don't know how long - I left it overnight). I still don't have port 443 open. What will this break?

I was able to activate users (although it seems that it can take anywhere up to 5 minutes for the BES to realize that the ETP email has arrived and start the service activation).

The only issue I've noticed so far is general lag (i.e. when you read an email on the web client, the email isn't marked as read on the Blackberry for a while - on Exchange it would take less than 5 seconds to update, and that's with 100+ users on the BES).

So far, once it started working, this is a great product. However, are Yahoo/Zimbra in discussions with RIM to make Zimbra an officially supported product? Then RIM would support everything on the BES - especially for really high numbers of users...

eugener - if port 443 has to be open, please advise how this can occur when you have a proxy in the environment? If we deploy another ZCS node, will all mailboxes still work (i.e. mailboxes that are on our current ZCS node)?

Thanks!

S.

Thread Information