Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlackBerry BES don't get GAL

Abak is offline Project Contributor

Default BlackBerry BES don't get GAL

Hi!

I've followed the documentation. Everything appears to have installed correctly, no error messages. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the GAL to show up in the BES manager to add new users.

Here's what I have:

Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2+updates (fresh install)
    BES Enterprise 4.1.4 (Bundle 183)
    MS MAPI/CDO 1.2.1
    Outlook 2007 Enterprise+SP1
    ZCS Connector for BES beta 3

I don't know what to do:

Here is ziped log file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

sam_gennux is offline Intermediate Member

I am having a similar challenge, did you find out whats wrong?

cooljumbo2k8 Guest

I beleive I am having the same issue as well.

Here is my problem,

I have BES 4.1 running on Windows Server 2003 with Zimbra Blackberry Connector, and ZCS running on Ubuntu.

I followed the instruction to setup up the Blackberry Manager and Blackberry Server accounts in my Mail profiles. I also created the BES Admin account in ZCS.

Now how do I proceed to add Users and provision them in BES. My understanding is that by adding users in the Address Book or in Outlook 2007 I should be able to access those users in BES or am I wrong here ?

If so, how can I go about adding users and provisioning them in BES.
    Edit/Delete Message

buttadee is offline Active Member

Did you set up the Outlook profiles as "BlackBerryManager" and "BlackBerryServer" (i.e., with no spaces)? I couldn't say why that is important, but the first time I set all this up, I couldn't get the GAL either and that is one small detail that seemed to matter when I went back and recreated the profiles. Maybe it is hard-coded somewhere to look for those exact names without spaces....

Also, make sure the server name in the Server Configuration tab in the Zimbra Server Configuration Settings dialog has the form servername.domain.com:7071 and that you pick the right server that has the mobile-enabled users' mailboxes on it, if you have a multi-server setup as we do.

mphillips is offline Member

Default BlackBerry BES don't get GAL

I too am having an issue with this. I followed the steps in installing Connector. Made sure that Spelling case of: BlackBerryManager an BlackBerryServer are proper. I had no installation errors, but when I try and Add User, the GAL is empty. Logging in to ZCS Network through browser, I can create new E-mail, and addresses do populate the GAL.

Mark

eugener is offline Zimbra Employee

First thing to check if port 443 is open on zimbra server that BES points to. zcb is using this port to sync GAL from zimbra server. Please use telnet mailnode 443 and determine if connection can be established. If not, port 443 can be opened using server command 'zmtlsctl both'.

Please also note that BB manager and BB controller have to be restarted afetr above port is opened.

Default Port 443

Yes, I did have port 443 open through Firewall, but I did have to run command to get the GAL to show up in BES.

Thank you for your quick reply and your patience.

Mark

Msprey is offline Intermediate Member

Unhappy Gal Lookup not working on BES and Handheld

We have checked all of the steps:

Our bes is a similar setup as the others here.
    We have checked all of these settings, and they are set as required:

*Port 443 enabled
    *Profile spacing and entry ( BlackBerryManager" and "BlackBerryServer) correctly entered
    *Server Config tab: servername.domain.com:7071 ( correct)
    *entering lookup modification in registry
    *restarted controller

So far we can only "lookup" from the address book, which shows users on the zimbra mail server, with 0 entries in the GAL.
    Please help us, we are amidst a massive corporate inititiative to use Zimbra as our mail client, and this is a show stopper.

Last edited by Msprey; 11-06-2009 at 03:05 PM.

eugener is offline Zimbra Employee

I would also check the value of zimbraMailHost on the mailnode that zcb points to. This value should match the server name used at the time of 'BlackBerryServer(Manager)' mail profile configration.

In case if server name matches i may need some logs to troubleshoot further. Please try the following:

- stop BB controller and BB manager
    - enable zcb logging (ZCB and BES Logs - BlackBerry - Zimbra :: Wiki)
    - start BB manager
    - post snippet of zcb log file with "bbmgrw32.exe" component in the name containing keywords 'SyncGALRequest' and 'SyncGALResponse'

I had everything check as well, and it would not work. However when I used the command: zmtlsctlr both, that took care of the issue.

After issuing the command I could find no updated changes, but the GAL showed up in BES.

P.S 1. You did create the user with the Zimbra Mobile option Checked? It is unchecked by default. [*Only Zimbra Mobile Users are display in BES*]
    . 2. Also when the user(s) were created, was the Hide in GAL option checked?

> So far we can only "lookup" from the address book, which shows users on the zimbra mail server, with 0 entries in the GAL.
    > Please help us, we are amidst a massive corporate inititiative to use Zimbra as our mail client, and this is a show stopper.

When you click the TO: option for a new mail message and the select address window came up were you able to check the drop down list at the [Show names from:]
    and choose either Contact List(s) or GAL?
    Last edited by mphillips; 11-06-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information