Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Problem installing ZimbraBESConnector

  1. #1
    SebasVidal is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Problem installing ZimbraBESConnector

    Hi,

    I have followed the manual, and when I try to install the ZimbraBESConnector, i get the following error:

    "The installer was interrupted before ZCS Connector for BES could be installed..."

    Running the installer with logging options i get the following messages:

    Property(C): OriginalDatabase = C:\ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.6_GA_2242_5.0.2597.6.msi
    Property(C): SOURCEDIR = C:\
    Property(C): VersionHandler = 3.01
    Property(C): UILevel = 5
    Property(C): ACTION = INSTALL
    Property(C): EXECUTEACTION = INSTALL
    Property(C): INSTALLLEVEL = 1
    Property(C): ROOTDRIVE = C:\
    Property(C): CostingComplete = 1
    Property(C): OutOfDiskSpace = 0
    Property(C): OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 0
    Property(C): PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable = 0
    Property(C): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired = 0
    Property(C): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining = 0
    === Logging stopped: 11/06/2008 9:58:15 ===
    MSI (c) (90:08) [09:58:15:300]: Product: ZCS Connector for BES -- Installation failed.


    I have ZimbraBESConnecter-5.0.6_GA_2242_5.0.2597.6.msi, and I have checked that the server has plenty of space available on the device.

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    alee is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebasVidal View Post
    Hi,

    I have followed the manual, and when I try to install the ZimbraBESConnector, i get the following error:

    "The installer was interrupted before ZCS Connector for BES could be installed..."

    Running the installer with logging options i get the following messages:

    Property(C): OriginalDatabase = C:\ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.6_GA_2242_5.0.2597.6.msi
    Property(C): SOURCEDIR = C:\
    Property(C): VersionHandler = 3.01
    Property(C): UILevel = 5
    Property(C): ACTION = INSTALL
    Property(C): EXECUTEACTION = INSTALL
    Property(C): INSTALLLEVEL = 1
    Property(C): ROOTDRIVE = C:\
    Property(C): CostingComplete = 1
    Property(C): OutOfDiskSpace = 0
    Property(C): OutOfNoRbDiskSpace = 0
    Property(C): PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable = 0
    Property(C): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired = 0
    Property(C): PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining = 0
    === Logging stopped: 11/06/2008 9:58:15 ===
    MSI (c) (90:08) [09:58:15:300]: Product: ZCS Connector for BES -- Installation failed.


    I have ZimbraBESConnecter-5.0.6_GA_2242_5.0.2597.6.msi, and I have checked that the server has plenty of space available on the device.

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks.
    nothing here indicates why the install didn't work. i normally turn on verbose logging when i run the msi to get all the information.

  3. #3
    scott.coats is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Possible fix

    Check out this post. Maybe it will help.

    [SOLVED] ZCB does not install

  4. #4
    deepblue is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stuttgart / Germany
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SebasVidal View Post
    Hi,

    I have followed the manual, and when I try to install the ZimbraBESConnector, i get the following error:

    I have ZimbraBESConnecter-5.0.6_GA_2242_5.0.2597.6.msi, and I have checked that the server has plenty of space available on the device.

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks.
    Hi,

    where can I download this version of the BES connector? All I found was ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.0_GA_1862_5.0.2428.msi

    I followed the instruction on how to install the connector but so far I had no luck. I only have Outlook 2007 available.
    I could not find out, if it is possible to install the connector using Outlook 2k7...

    Next thing: I try to install on a Win 2003 Server x86_64 machine. Is the connector supposed to run on this architecture?

    Regards
    Thomas

  5. #5
    alee is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    Hi,

    where can I download this version of the BES connector? All I found was ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.0_GA_1862_5.0.2428.msi

    I followed the instruction on how to install the connector but so far I had no luck. I only have Outlook 2007 available.
    I could not find out, if it is possible to install the connector using Outlook 2k7...

    Next thing: I try to install on a Win 2003 Server x86_64 machine. Is the connector supposed to run on this architecture?

    Regards
    Thomas
    Outlook 2007 is definitely not supported yet. Also, I don't know where they got that build of ZCB (maybe from support) but you should be running with the version that you already have. We are planning another BES beta that should be coming at the end of July.

  6. #6
    deepblue is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stuttgart / Germany
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    Outlook 2007 is definitely not supported yet. Also, I don't know where they got that build of ZCB (maybe from support) but you should be running with the version that you already have. We are planning another BES beta that should be coming at the end of July.
    Thanks for the quick answer. So I have to find a Outlook 2003 copy. I think it is not possible to get this version from MS any longer....

    Regards
    Thomas

  7. #7
    David_Nolan is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I am experiencing a similar error on my BES Connector installation, and I can't seem to locate what I am doing wrong.

    I have verified that CDO.DLL and MAPi32.dll exist in my C:\windows\system32 folder. I had to copy CDO.DLL from the \Program Files (x86)\exchangemapi\ folder, per the previous posted Solved Post, but mapi32.dll was already in there.

    However, verbose logging reveals this:

    CA LOG: DoBESInstallTasks(): Looking to register the CDO DLL
    MSI (s) (8C!28) [09:56:28:746]: Closing MSIHANDLE (47) of type 790531 for thread 1576
    MSI (s) (8C!28) [09:56:28:746]: Creating MSIHANDLE (48) of type 790531 for thread 1576
    In RegisterCDOHelper
    MSI (s) (8C!28) [09:56:28:746]: Closing MSIHANDLE (48) of type 790531 for thread 1576
    MSI (s) (8C!28) [09:56:28:746]: Creating MSIHANDLE (49) of type 790531 for thread 1576
    IsBESInstall. IsBESInstall read as 1
    MSI (s) (8C!28) [09:56:28:746]: Closing MSIHANDLE (49) of type 790531 for thread 1576
    MSI (s) (8C!28) [09:56:28:746]: Creating MSIHANDLE (50) of type 790531 for thread 1576
    DoesFileExist. file does not exist: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CDO.dll

    And the installation fails reporting it was interrupted.

    I've checked permissions, verified the file attempts to open when you start|run and copy the path straight out of the log file, and rebooted several times.

    My environment is:
    Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard SP2 R2
    Outlook 2003 Pro SP3
    BES 4.1
    CDO 1.2.1

    Any ideas?

  8. #8
    David_Nolan is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Found my issue.

    The file installed to c:\program files (x86)\exchangemapi was CDO.DLL, which I copied to c:\windows\system32
    The file also needs to reside in c:\windows\SysWOW64 if you are installing on a 64 bit Black Berry Server.

    It needed to be renamed to CDO.dll

    Installer installed just fine once I renamed it.
    Last edited by David_Nolan; 10-08-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Problem installing on Ubuntu
    By fordprefect in forum Installation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 12:06 AM
  2. Some problem when installing on FC7
    By leiw in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
  3. Problem installing Desktop on Ubuntu
    By azeem in forum Installation Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:04 AM
  4. Problem in installing zimbra in suse 10.1
    By aneel in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 03:33 AM
  5. Problem installing Zimbra in Ubuntu
    By alexmc in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •