Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting Invite Not Syncing

rsennewald is offline Junior Member

Default Meeting Invite Not Syncing

Hello all,

I have an issue regarding syncing with the meeting invite. What is going on is my user has a 8330 Curve and when anyone sends her a meeting invite, it will ONLY showup on BlackBerry and not on her Zimbra. Not only this but if she accepts it on her blackberry it does showup in the blackberry calendar but does NOT sync with the Zimbra calendar. Essentially I need it to either allow me to accept the meetings on Zimbra and/or be able to sync if it is accepted from the BlackBerry. Any ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks.

-edit: Also her calendar does normally sync items, just apparently not liking to sync meeting invites that are accepted from the blackberry.

Lynner is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Hey,
    I just tried this on my blackberry Curve 8330 and it worked just fine. Have you tried checking the BES server on her account???
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

What exactly did you try? Did you try accepting an invite on your BlackBerry and seeing if it shows up on your Zimbra Calendar? What exactly did you want me to look at on the BES Server? It shows all normal to me, wireless calendar is enabled. Also she is on a CDMA device and provider is Verizon. Please help! Thanks.

I had my boss create a calendar event and share it with me i went ahead and accepted it with my Phone and then went ahead and checked my zimbra and the meeting showed up with me as accepted.
    Eric J Lynner

– Donald Knuth

Very interesting... I don't know why my user's won't showup. She is in a meeting right now so I'll mess around with her phone a bit later. The only thing I can think of is her Sent Messages is not set to sync at the moment, so perhaps that could be causing a conflict because Zimbra requires the acceptance of the original message? As soon as I get my hands on her phone I'm going to change that, invite her to a meeting and see if it makes a difference. Do you know if Sent Messages is set to sync on your phone? Thanks for the help.

I would try and Reset the PIM sync Field Mapping for her account on your BES i did this to my account and It didnt seem to affect any of my contact or calendar information (ie) duping
    Eric J Lynner

– Donald Knuth

I will be willing to do that, but I don't understand exactly what that does? If it were to fix my issue then I'm assuming your tending to think that the mapping has gotten messed up?

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by Lynner View Post
    I would try and Reset the PIM sync Field Mapping for her account on your BES i did this to my account and It didnt seem to affect any of my contact or calendar information (ie) duping
    Try setting the following key on the BES machine...

\\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\CDO\DisableMeetingRegeneration to a DWORD value of 1

you can reference comment 32 of:
    Bug 19868 - BB: Accept/Decline not showing on many invites on BES-enabled accounts

this could be the problem that you are seeing.

--Tony

Thanks for the quick reply Tony. I'm on my BES server but I don't see that key in my registry, in fact I did a search for Regeneration and I found one instance of it but its in a trace directory in HKEY_CURRENTUSERS\(lots of numbers)\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Op tions\Calendar and its set to 1. I'm guessing this isn't the right key anyway.

I don't even have a CDO folder under the Windows Messaging Subsystem folder. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by rsennewald View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Tony. I'm on my BES server but I don't see that key in my registry, in fact I did a search for Regeneration and I found one instance of it but its in a trace directory in HKEY_CURRENTUSERS\(lots of numbers)\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Op tions\Calendar and its set to 1. I'm guessing this isn't the right key anyway.

I don't even have a CDO folder under the Windows Messaging Subsystem folder. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.
    i believe you need to create the path to the registry key if it doesn't exist. then remember to restart BES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information