Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meeting Invite Not Syncing

rsennewald is offline Junior Member

Thank you for this. Yes it did help my issue and now I'm able to accept on Zimbra and on the BlackBerry. There is still a strange issue though. When I send an invite to a meeting and they accept on Zimbra web client then the Inviter sees that they accepted, but on the user who accepted (the webmail zimbra client) their calendar sees this as tentative. I can hit accept again, it still shows as tentative. It also shows as tentative in the BlackBerry. Again it shows on the Invitee's calendar that they had accepted though.

The other part of this is if I accept the invite from the BlackBerry, it shows up both calendars as accepted, but when it alerts the Inviter of acceptance, the inviter's calendar shows the user as in need of action but it shows under accepted users with user@companyemail.comx.com has accepted. It is doing this for all who accept from a BlackBerry. I'm guessing when the BB sends out the acceptance message it is putting in this comx suffix. comx is definitely not supposed to be there as the real email is user@companyemail.com and I think this is could be causing why it doesn't report properly when the blackberry accepts. Any thoughts on how to resolve these two? Thanks.

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by rsennewald View Post
    Thank you for this. Yes it did help my issue and now I'm able to accept on Zimbra and on the BlackBerry. There is still a strange issue though. When I send an invite to a meeting and they accept on Zimbra web client then the Inviter sees that they accepted, but on the user who accepted (the webmail zimbra client) their calendar sees this as tentative. I can hit accept again, it still shows as tentative. It also shows as tentative in the BlackBerry. Again it shows on the Invitee's calendar that they had accepted though.

The other part of this is if I accept the invite from the BlackBerry, it shows up both calendars as accepted, but when it alerts the Inviter of acceptance, the inviter's calendar shows the user as in need of action but it shows under accepted users with user@companyemail.comx.com has accepted. It is doing this for all who accept from a BlackBerry. I'm guessing when the BB sends out the acceptance message it is putting in this comx suffix. comx is definitely not supposed to be there as the real email is user@companyemail.com and I think this is could be causing why it doesn't report properly when the blackberry accepts. Any thoughts on how to resolve these two? Thanks.

please file bugs on these issues with very detailed steps to reproduce and exactly which clients did what operations.

rsennewald is offline Junior Member

Okay this is quite interesting. I found something new here. When a message is accepted through Zimbra, it appears as tentative on both the user's calendar and BlackBerry. On the inviter it shows accepted. If I try to change the appointment on Zimbra to accepted instead of tentative, it will never display this correctly, but if I changed to declined, it works. If I change to declined, the BlackBerry still sees tentative. If I change the BlackBerry from tentative to Busy, the Zimbra changes to Accepted. After this I can change from Accepted to Declined on Zimbra and it WILL SHOW correctly on the BlackBerry.

The problem is every new message, regardless of being accepted or declined shows up in the person who accepted or declined's calendar as tentative. My guess is the BlackBerry's Calendar is conflicting with Zimbra's in some sense. Any tips or bugs related to this? I filed a bug report but no response back yet. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information