Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calendars stopped syncing

sdemeyer Guest

Default Calendars stopped syncing

For an unknown reason, the calendars have stopped syncing between Zimbra and our Blackberries.

BES log files show the following error:

CalICSAgent::GetDirectoryName synch directory retrieved from registry: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents\ICSSync\ for scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov
    [10007] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} CalICSSynchronizer::Initialize - OpenProperty failed: (0x80004002)
    [20041] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} CalICSAgent:Start Could not Initialize Synchronizer for scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov: (0x80004002)
    [30020] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} {scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov} MAPIMailbox::doICS ICS Start failed
    [20280] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} {scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov} DoICS() failed: ERR_FAIL

I've enabled logging for the BES connector but do not see anything jumping out as to what the problem might be. This used to work perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas? My users are lost without their calendars.

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by sdemeyer View Post
    For an unknown reason, the calendars have stopped syncing between Zimbra and our Blackberries.

BES log files show the following error:

CalICSAgent::GetDirectoryName synch directory retrieved from registry: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents\ICSSync\ for scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov
    [10007] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} CalICSSynchronizer::Initialize - OpenProperty failed: (0x80004002)
    [20041] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} CalICSAgent:Start Could not Initialize Synchronizer for scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov: (0x80004002)
    [30020] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} {scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov} MAPIMailbox::doICS ICS Start failed
    [20280] (05/09 00:08:24.036):{0x16EC} {scott.demeyer@psp.wa.gov} DoICS() failed: ERR_FAIL

I've enabled logging for the BES connector but do not see anything jumping out as to what the problem might be. This used to work perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas? My users are lost without their calendars.
    you might be running into this problem

Bug 21242 - BB: Appointments don't show up

i believe it was fixed after the BETA build of ZCB that you are currently using.
    for now, you can restart the BlackBerry Controller service and calendar items should start syncing again.

btw, sometimes the BES agent will log errors that aren't really describing the problems that you are seeing. i like the effort of looking at them before posting though!

sdemeyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    you might be running into this problem

Bug 21242 - BB: Appointments don't show up

i believe it was fixed after the BETA build of ZCB that you are currently using.
    for now, you can restart the BlackBerry Controller service and calendar items should start syncing again.

btw, sometimes the BES agent will log errors that aren't really describing the problems that you are seeing. i like the effort of looking at them before posting though!
    Well, I tried all that, including rebooting the BES and it did not work. Additionally, I wiped my handheld, deleted my BES account and when attempting to re-activate it gets stuck on getting services. I think there are more issues than just the calendar !

Well, I tried all that, including rebooting the BES and it did not work. Additionally, I wiped my handheld, deleted my BES account and when attempting to re-activate it gets stuck on getting services. I think there are more issues than just the calendar !

hmmm...where do we start? with the device activation or with the calendars not syncing.
    can you send me the logs for the timeframe where you tried activating the device?

is it just calendar items that are not syncing or is it mail too?

mlanner is offline Special Member

Default Calendar not syncing from BB to Zimbra

Hi,

I've got a very similar problem. If an appointment is made on the BB it doesn't update the calendar on the Zimbra server. Everything else appears to work just fine. After installation everything seemed OK. Then something happened and I started to get a "BippePassword" problem. The "BippePassword" issue I've been able to take care of. Now, however, in my logs I get the following errors:

Code:
    CalICSSynchronizer::Initialize - OpenProperty failed: (0x80004002)

{user@domain.com} DoICS() failed: ERR_FAIL

CalICSAgent::Start Could not Initialize Synchronizer for user@domain.com: (0x80004002)

{user2@domain2.com} MsgMemStateDb::AddMessageState - EntryId is invalid
    I've been troubleshooting by reading KB articles on BlackBerry Support, forum entries in various BlackBerry forums, as well as here in the Zimbra forums. I found one seemingly relevant article in the BlackBerry forums here:

BlackBerry Search Results

... but the solutions outlined in that article don't appear to jibe with the instructions I followed to install the ZBC and BlackBerry Professional Software server.

I've restarted the services, I've restarted the server, but to no avail.

I'm running ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.10_BETA_2514_5.0.2676.10.msi with Outlook 2007 (clean install after completely removing 2003).

What is the user that the BlackBerry services should run under, Administrator, Local System, other?

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vai0l0 is offline Active Member

Unhappy

same here,
    tried to reboot the BES and all the device are reactivated

Non data loss luckily but the calendar is not sync BB->zimbra

all the bes services are running as ./administrator
    except the attachment services that runs as local system

I hope to get ASAP a new beta with some bugfixes

jareep is offline Special Member

Same here. BB to Zimbra calendar sync not working.

mlanner is offline Special Member

Vai0l0 & jareep,

I managed to get it working but it took reinstalling (a newer version of) Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1, and then the Zimbra BES Connector. Then, I had to re-provision some users.

My BES is still throwing a fair amount of warnings/errors, but other than that, it appears to work OK.

Vai0l0 is offline Active Member

Great news mlanner,
    could you post the links for the version you installed and the procedure you followed (step by step)

I'd like to avoid to mess the 20 users I have running, destroying the BES.

p.s. I didn't tought about a newer mapi client but the error suddenly appeared after applying latest service pack to the BES and was not present before while testing a few user before, so it could definitely be a compatibility issue with latest BES patches.

Ciao
    AleX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information