Thread: Expected New Beta Version for ZCB?

stich86 is offline Special Member

Default Expected New Beta Version for ZCB?

hi devs,

there will be in a shorter time a new version of connector?

i'm still experience some little bugs..
    from last week, i've got some emails duplicated in the GAL without any reason and enough when i need to active a new blackberry, i've to restart the bb controller to initialize the activation process (because BES cannot get the network messages from mailboxes)

thanks!
    Last edited by stich86; 04-09-2008 at 06:30 AM.

rduric is offline Active Member

Default Beta 3 the same issue

The same situation with the new ZCB Beta 3. I can activate a brand new user without restarting the BES controller service. But every time I had to remove a user (testing, device replacement) I still need to restart the controller to be able to activate. My impression is that removing a user in BES doesn't purge all data pertaining to this user and therefore you need to restart the BES controller. Does this make sense?

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by rduric View Post
    The same situation with the new ZCB Beta 3. I can activate a brand new user without restarting the BES controller service. But every time I had to remove a user (testing, device replacement) I still need to restart the controller to be able to activate. My impression is that removing a user in BES doesn't purge all data pertaining to this user and therefore you need to restart the BES controller. Does this make sense?
    hmmm...doesn't make sense. can you give a more detailed set of steps? who are you trying to activate when you remove a user? if the controller is running, then the user should be removed (unmounted) from the profile and there should be no issue. if you readd the removed user, their mailbox will be remounted but the mailbox will have to be initial synced which could take a bit of time. even during the initial sync process, you should still be able to activate a device against that user.

you might want to gather some logs (both BES and ZCB) around when this happens and open a support case. w/o those logs, i can't confidently tell you what is going wrong.

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by stich86 View Post
    hi devs,

there will be in a shorter time a new version of connector?

i'm still experience some little bugs..
    from last week, i've got some emails duplicated in the GAL without any reason and enough when i need to active a new blackberry, i've to restart the bb controller to initialize the activation process (because BES cannot get the network messages from mailboxes)

thanks!
    a new connector should have been posted last night to fix the issues with the wrong mapi32.dll and the long email address problem. can you gather logs (ZCB and BES) around device activation and open a support case? the logs will be very telling as to what is going wrong. did you also go through the issues that I outlined in this post:

BES Device Activation Problems...and more.

not being able to activate could be a number of things....the user didn't start properly (logs will tell us that), the user didn't have an activation password (logs will tell us that), the BES services were not started in the right order, etc....

Thread Information