Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error when creating manager and server profiles

sdemeyer Guest

Default Error when creating manager and server profiles

When trying to create the BlackberryManager and BlackberryServer profiles, the following error message box pops up and I cannot continue:

Error Window Title: "rundll32.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
    Error Message: "The procedure entry point RemoveVectoredExceptionHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Server: WIndows 2000 ADV SP4 and all updates
    Exchange MAPI Client and CDO 1.21
    Outlook 2003 SP3 all updates
    BES Server: 4.1.4.16

I've tried reinstalling everything a couple of times including a complete server reinstall and still keep getting the above error.

What am I doing wrong?

henry is offline Zimbra Employee

you need to update to 5.0.2 connector
    This bug is fixed there.
    Regards
    Henry

sdemeyer Guest

Henry, this is the BES connector version I installed. It's the only one listed on your download site.

ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.0_GA_1862_5.0.2428.msi

Is this correct ?

No
    that is 5.0.0 version.
    right build is
    ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.2_GA_1980_5.0.2470.2.msi
    Regards
    Henry

To obtain this build you need to consult pm.zimbra.com for the next refresh of the ZCB bits. Next refresh is tentatively schedule for mid to late march.
    Last edited by sam; 02-21-2008 at 02:47 PM.
    Regards
    Henry

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by sdemeyer View Post
    When trying to create the BlackberryManager and BlackberryServer profiles, the following error message box pops up and I cannot continue:

Error Window Title: "rundll32.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
    Error Message: "The procedure entry point RemoveVectoredExceptionHandler could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

Server: WIndows 2000 ADV SP4 and all updates
    Exchange MAPI Client and CDO 1.21
    Outlook 2003 SP3 all updates
    BES Server: 4.1.4.16

I've tried reinstalling everything a couple of times including a complete server reinstall and still keep getting the above error.

What am I doing wrong?

btw, you should be running BES on Windows Server 2003. doesn't mean that you can't get it working with 2000 but that is currently an unsupported platform for ZCB.

tonster is online now Zimbra Employee

Exclamation Zimbra Connector for Outlook 5.0.2

The Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO) Build referenced here is the 5.0.2. That build can be found in the downloads available on any version of Zimbra Network Edition 5.0.2 Server. You ONLY need to fill out the form at:

Error when creating manager and server profiles

to get the Zimbra Connector for Blackberry, of which there is currently only one build available. The new version of the ZCO that fixes this issue is available on your server already, and you'll find it on the filesystem in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/downloads directory.
    Last edited by sam; 02-21-2008 at 02:48 PM.

sdemeyer Guest

I will install Windows 2003 and give it another try. You should remove reference to Windows 2000 in the documentation, if this opp sys is not supported.

Thanks,
    Scott

sdemeyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tonster View Post
    To clarify this, you do NOT need to email support to get the latest Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO) Build, which is the 5.0.2 build referenced here. That build can be found in the downloads available on any version of Zimbra Network Edition 5.0.2 Server. You ONLY need to fill out the form at:

Error when creating manager and server profiles

to get the Zimbra Connector for Blackberry, of which there is currently only one build available. The new version of the ZCO that fixes this issue is available on your server already, and you'll find it on the filesystem in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/downloads directory.
    Forgive me if I am not "getting" this but, I am trying to install the Zimbra BES connector, not the Outlook connector. I don't see the requirement on installing the Outlook connector in any of the BES documentation. I have been know to misread things from time to time so if the Outlook connector and BES connector are one and the same please let me know.

Well, heck... I'm going to install it anyways, it's just a test server so if it gets trashed it's no big deal!

Scott

alee is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by sdemeyer View Post
    Forgive me if I am not "getting" this but, I am trying to install the Zimbra BES connector, not the Outlook connector. I don't see the requirement on installing the Outlook connector in any of the BES documentation. I have been know to misread things from time to time so if the Outlook connector and BES connector are one and the same please let me know.

Well, heck... I'm going to install it anyways, it's just a test server so if it gets trashed it's no big deal!

Scott
    yes...you do not need to install the outlook connector...but you do need to install outlook to get some modules that ZCB needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information