Thread: ZCS 7 Beta3 on VMWare with Windows 2008 R2 as Host

vbn
    vbn is offline Active Member

Unhappy ZCS 7 Beta3 on VMWare with Windows 2008 R2 as Host

My Setup :

Host is running Windows 2008 Web R2 with VMWare Server installed on it. The guest machine for Zimbra is Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit. SSL is commercial RapidSSL.

For some reason bridge networking only allowed everything external to reach the guest but from the guest I could only reach the host...not even the gateway. Tried doing everything with route, etc....didnt work.

So current setup is NAT with ICS setup on the main adapter. For incoming, I am using another program to forward all Zimbra ports to the guest from the host.

Everything works except CalDav on the iPhone4. Even Carddav went through fine. When setting up CalDav, it says cannot connect using SSL...try non-SSL which it tries on normal webmail port but again cannot authenticate.

All relevant ports, 443 8443, etc are open and nothing in the Zimbra log files.

Anybody has clues to what could be missing here ??
    VBNCloud & VBNMail - Administrator
    Zimbra OSS with Full Cloud Files/Gallery Services [Under Dev]

rsw686 is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by vbn View Post
    For some reason bridge networking only allowed everything external to reach the guest but from the guest I could only reach the host...not even the gateway. Tried doing everything with route, etc....didnt work.

So current setup is NAT with ICS setup on the main adapter. For incoming, I am using another program to forward all Zimbra ports to the guest from the host.
    I think you should figure out why VMware bridging doesn't work. Running Zimbra behind VMware NAT and ICS is a hack at best. There is probably some complication happening with the NAT address translation, especially if your Windows 2008 host is behind NAT.

vbn
    vbn is offline Active Member

My Windows Host is not NAT'd ... its on public IP.... from this host to the VMWare VM is the NAT and I am running port forwarding instead of inbuilt ICS one for all Zimbra ports....

When I try setup CalDav...I can see the connection open on 443 and disconnect a couple of seconds later....and nothing shows up in the zimbra logs...

I need to know where exactly would such a connection be logged in Zimbra so I can see why its dropping...

PS : CardDav using same 443 port and everything goes through superb....so its very wierd
    VBNCloud & VBNMail - Administrator
    Zimbra OSS with Full Cloud Files/Gallery Services [Under Dev]

Thread Information