Thread: possible to use the network edition admin console with the zimbra appliance?

evalua is offline Junior Member

Default possible to use the network edition admin console with the zimbra appliance?

Is it possible to use the full (not simplified/cut down) admin console with the network appliance aswell as the normal backup/restore system?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by evalua View Post
    Is it possible to use the full (not simplified/cut down) admin console with the network appliance aswell as the normal backup/restore system?
    What do you mean by 'use the full admin console'? The Appliance is supplied with an Admin console of it's own.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

evalua is offline Junior Member

The new Virtual Appliance available on the website seems to come with a cutdown/simplified set of admin menus that are missing features that the network edition has.

The old 32bit virtual appliance that was available through the VMWare Market Place used the full Network Edition admin menus and I'm wondering if it's possible to re-enable the full network edition admin menus when using the new virtual appliance

fruitloaf is offline Active Member

I too would be interested in this. The appliance admin interface is missing a lot. Queue management for a start but I also miss basic cos settings like being able to specify default themes and settings.

Is it possible to simply install a regular network addition and apply the Zimbra license? The cost and features of the 25 user perpetual license are perfect but having used the full admin interface for a long time I greatly prefer it.

Yes I know that obviously the appliance is purposfully slimmed down and frankly its great for a quick setup but frankly the interface was already pretty easy and bloat free.

b00mer is offline Starter Member

+1 ... if not going to make it the same... maybe indicating this as a feature "simpler administration interface" in the compare editions would make it legitimate rather than what appears as an oversight or mistake.

marcmac is offline Expert Member

Default design choice

The admin console in the ZCA has been simplified to reflect the functionality in the appliance; the target for the appliance is a small to medium sized installation, single server only.

We've removed all admin console functionality for the features that aren't exposed in the appliance, as well. The admin user that's created for the appliance is not a global admin, so simply changing skins won't help; you'll get a load of errors accessing the full console with a domain admin user.

Future versions of the appliance will be designed to scale up in a multinode deployment, and will have the fully featured admin console available.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

SeanTsang is offline Junior Member

+1 ....
    I am new to zimbra and setup a production server in 2 days including migration from Exchange 2007.
    After trying install samba server and found missing extensions tabs in amdin console, all I want to know is if it's possible for me to upgrade my ZCA license to network edition? Totally want to give up ZCAs.

Sean Tsang

Thread Information