The 5.0 code has been lurking in the wings for a long time. A lot of stuff like the Lazy loading, preview pane, etc have been hinted at for a while, but never quite done.
All of this is initial impression only. Most possibly quite wrong:
- The theme support is excellent. I switched to using Wave, which looks very pretty. My one comment on the theme is that the grayed out zimbra theme and the tab buttons on top don't look as good as the rest of the theme.
- The multi-tab control in the admin interface is awesome. I am hoping (but not holding my breath) that theme writers could implement something like this for the Web Client, or that it's a RFE.
- Admin searching is awesome. Nuff said.
- Remote error checking (if someone at Zimbra actually looks at it) could be awesome.
- Being able to see logged in users is great.
- Task support is great. I have been waiting on that one to land for quite a while. I have a nefarious plot ;-)
- First time in a while I haven't had a clean update. Probably the result of either the FC4-FC5 upgrade I had to do for this release, or because this box has been upgraded clear from the M1 beta ;-)
- IMAP isn't working. I will try to figure out what happened this weekend.
- When I try to edit my default COS settings, I get a error message: Invalid Value: Minimum upper case characters !
All in all quite acceptable for a beta.
- (All of this is IMHO - and hey, I am a engineer so what do I know about color wheels?) The new theme support is awesome. The new themes are not quite there. Waves is the best of the bunch, but it definitely looks washed out. Bare is broken (can't get to any of the other tabs).