I moved to Zimbra some days ago and i'm configuring to my needs... but i need some help, from something better than me, because i can't solve some issues... :(
1) i'd like to do this: giving to different users the possibility to use the same secondary personality: so everyone can use the firstname.lastname@example.org address (and info@ would be used as a distribution list too)... is it possible?
2) when i compose a new mail, it let me choose from which address i want to send... can be set as default address not the primary email address of the account but a secondary personality? so every user could send email from info@ without the need to choose it manually every single email...
3) what is the difference between the alias created by admin and the personality created by single users?
Thanks for your help and time! :)
1) Allowing another user access to your mailbox is just that. the Zimbra web client is not like outlook that has the option to assign delegates with permissions. Each person would require your login information. Adding a persona is simply an email alias.
You can share items with a distribution list. Your system administrator sets up distribution lists and when you share an item with the list, you notify the administrator. The administrator publishes the shared item to the list.
When a new shared item is published, existing members of the list are automatically notified of the new shared item. Everyone in the DL has the same share privileges.
2) When creating a secondary persona, under the persona settings you have additional options to choose that person a the primary for replys, etc.
3) Nothing they are the same. Either your Administrator sets up the alias for you or you do.
Hope this helps.
Most informative, thank you SpiderTech
Originally Posted by SpiderTech
Thanks for the answer, but i noticed some things:
1) it just can be done... no problem... it works... :)
2) my second request can be done: in every default personality, in the "send from address" i insert the info@, so every user will send mail from that by default... :)
very easy, even if it's a workaround, and Zimbra lacks this functionality...
3) it seems to me that they are not the same... if i create a personality, inbox email sent to personality doesn't arrive to me... i need to create an alias in admin level... it seems that alias is for inbox email, personality for outgoing email...