Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Large number of attachments

  1. #1
    matthijsberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands, Culemborg
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Large number of attachments

    Hello all,

    I have found two things that might be improved (if I am not the only one who experiences them).

    The first is saving attachments from an e-mail. I have received an e-mail with a large number of attachments (yes, of cause it can be put into a zip file, but is isnít and trust me that I donít want to explain the customer how to build zip filesÖ). If I wish to save them, I cannot do that at once (at least, I havenít found how). Saving them separately is very time consuming. So maybe, in the future something to look at for the development team..?

    The second one was a little more disturbing, I tried to reply to the message. Due to the large number of attachments, and no scrollbar on the side of the screen I do not see the body message. Please see the attachment.

    I hope you can improve your great product with this info.

    Kind regards,


    Matthijs
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,499
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    It would be better if you filed these in bugzilla as a feature request (multiple save) and a bug (no scrollbar), they get tracked better there. Can you also detail how many attachements there are and also attach the screen capture. Don't forget to vote for them. Many thanks.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    matthijsberg is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands, Culemborg
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks,

    Done that, and voted for the bugreport.

  4. #4
    pshah is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matthijsberg
    The first is saving attachments from an e-mail. I have received an e-mail with a large number of attachments (yes, of cause it can be put into a zip file, but is isnít and trust me that I donít want to explain the customer how to build zip filesÖ). If I wish to save them, I cannot do that at once (at least, I havenít found how). Saving them separately is very time consuming. So maybe, in the future something to look at for the development team..?
    Great idea. You should file an enhancement request in bugzilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthijsberg
    The second one was a little more disturbing, I tried to reply to the message. Due to the large number of attachments, and no scrollbar on the side of the screen I do not see the body message. Please see the attachment.
    This has been fixed in subsequent builds (dont remember the exact build number). We now limit the height of the section where attachments are shown so having multiple attachments will yield a scrollbar.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  5. #5
    GoFar is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pshah View Post
    Great idea. You should file an enhancement request in bugzilla.
    Has this been done? I couldn't find it but I would like to vote for it.

  6. #6
    pshah is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    9

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to download attachments?
    By dmadole in forum Users
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:26 AM
  2. Attachments Getting Munged
    By taliskar in forum Administrators
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
  5. Drag email to calendar and attachments
    By Richard in forum Users
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •