Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [SOLVED] webclient mail - select addresses broken

  1. #1
    glenndm is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    8

    Default [SOLVED] webclient mail - select addresses broken

    Hello,
    My webclient has recently developed an issue with contact selection from addressbooks.
    When I add or change the recipients of a mail using the To button, the 'Select Addresses' windows opens. Upon choosing the recipient, nothing happens when I click Ok.
    The window stays open, no address is transferred to the message header.

    I have to cancel the window and either type in the email-address manually or restart the webclient and try again. but restarting only occasionally helps.

    I now use firefox 3.5.2, but this problem occurred also with earlier versions.

    Another workstation with about the same config does not have the problem. So it's to do with my machine, not the server.

    As always, suggestions are welcome
    glenn

  2. #2
    uxbod's Avatar
    uxbod is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Clear the cache ? Have you installed any additional FF plugins ? If so disable them and try again.

  3. #3
    glenndm is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    1. clear the cache > no change after restart

    2. disable all addons > no change after 1st restart

    after 2nd restart (?!): the correct address transfer is working.

    As I suspect the skype addon might have something to do with it, as that is the 'only' active one. (it scans every page for telephone numbers.)

    3. enabling all addons but Skype: the correct address transfer is working.

    4. enabling only Skype:
    the correct address transfer is working, BUT only for the local contacts.
    If I add addresses from "Personal and Shared contacts", it fails (i.e. nothing happens)

    The strange thing is: if a address is added from the Shares contacts to the TO: list, the transfer fails. The transfer will keep failing until the shared address is removed. Then it works again.

    Something I need to check out: perhaps those local addresses have no telephone numbers defined. The shared contacts almost all have phones defined. As Skype searches for that, perhaps it modifies/breaks something in the background.This is not the case, phone numbers are more or less present throughout.

    glenn
    Last edited by glenndm; 09-02-2009 at 03:34 AM.

  4. #4
    glenndm is offline Loyal Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    from other posts here, it seems the skype firefox addon can cause undesirable effects upto corruption.
    So time to permanently disable skype addon.

    thanks for the pointer, uxbod

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. smtp auth failing 'auth_zimbra: not initialized'
    By kkg039 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 11:10 AM
  2. [SOLVED] Zimbra hangs with 100% CPU load
    By yut4k4 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 09:30 AM
  3. Problem with Postfix and MTA
    By ZMilton in forum Administrators
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Mailserver down when send file attach of 50Mb
    By ZMilton in forum Administrators
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •