Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Things I don't like

  1. #1
    davebarnes is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Things I don't like

    I used to use Eudora and Act! on Windows 2000, but I recently switched to using Eudora and Now Contact & Now Up-to-Date.

    Writing this while playing with the hosted demo.

    1. Contact. No place (that I can see) to put the person's photo. This is one of the features in Now Contact that I really like.

    2. Contact. When I entered the contact's state it did not automatically complete it. Same with country. I like autocompletion.

    3. Contact. I don't see a way to add my own custom fields.

    4. Contact. One of the fields in Act! is the date you created the contact. I don't see that here.

    5. Contact. Tried to create a new tag and it blew up in my face.
    7. Calendar. I see how to create appointments, but I don't see any way to create To-Dos. Act! is real good at this.

    ,dave
    Last edited by davebarnes; 09-10-2005 at 03:10 PM.

  2. #2
    marcmac is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    I used to use Eudora and Act! on Windows 2000, but I recently switched to using Eudora and Now Contact & Now Up-to-Date.

    Writing this while playing with the hosted demo.

    1. Contact. No place (that I can see) to put the person's photo. This is one of the features in Now Contact that I really like.

    2. Contact. When I entered the contact's state it did not automatically complete it. Same with country. I like autocompletion.

    3. Contact. I don't see a way to add my own custom fields.

    4. Contact. One of the fields in Act! is the date you created the contact. I don't see that here.
    Thanks for the feature requests - we'll add them to our list of features for the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    5. Contact. Tried to create a new tag and it blew up in my face.
    Can you elaborate on that? If it's not in bugzilla, I'd like to start tracking it.

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    7. Calendar. I see how to create appointments, but I don't see any way to create To-Dos. Act! is real good at this.

    ,dave
    Againk, thanks - To-Dos is one request we've been tracking - there's been a fair amount of interest in that one.

  3. #3
    cdamon is offline Zimbra Employee
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    More comments...

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    1. Contact. No place (that I can see) to put the person's photo. This is one of the features in Now Contact that I really like.
    Sounds like a commonly expected feature - I'll add an enhancement request for it. We have a mechanism for adding attachments to items, so we may be able to piggyback on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    2. Contact. When I entered the contact's state it did not automatically complete it. Same with country. I like autocompletion.
    Will add another enhancement request. We have an autocomplete widget (for selecting addresses during compose, or adding attendees to appts), so this shouldn't be hard. Not sure how soon it might happen, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    3. Contact. I don't see a way to add my own custom fields.
    If we did this, it would start as an admin-only feature. Not sure if it would bubble down to user level.

    Quote Originally Posted by davebarnes
    4. Contact. One of the fields in Act! is the date you created the contact. I don't see that here.
    The server tracks the last modified date; I'm not sure offhand about creation date. Why would that be useful to the user?

    -Conrad

  4. #4
    ScottH is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I think the Creation Date is valuable information, as well as Last Mod date.

    Thanks,

    Scott

  5. #5
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,566
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    I think the Creation Date is valuable information, as well as Last Mod date.
    Yes but why? If this is something that has a valid use then search bugzilla and see if it's been entered and if not file an enhancement request with supporting info. Don't forget to vote on it if you file a request.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 09:12 PM
  2. LMTP problem (amoung other things)
    By kollross in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 10:36 PM
  3. Zimbra thinks things are links that are not
    By techshifter in forum Users
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 08:53 AM
  4. KISS (keeping things simple :)
    By oestergaard in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 07:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •