Thread: Zpush+Zimbra All messages from Jan 18th 2038

timbrammer910 is offline Junior Member

Default Zpush+Zimbra All messages from Jan 18th 2038

All,

I've got zpush setup and running on a CentOS box working wonderfully. The only issue thus far is that all messages are showing up from the date in the thread title. Appointments come across normally.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? From, my searches, I've managed to confirm that this date is significant to the UNIX time standard in some way. from my searches "that date is, apparently, exactly 2^32 -1 seconds after the Unix epoch."

Any ideas?

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

I believe I have identified the problem with this. It relates to differences in how json_decode handles millisecond timestamps on different platforms/php versions.

I re-posted Release 55 to the Sourceforge site late last night with a potential fix for this issue included.

Please (re)download Release 55 and test to see if it addresses the issue for you.

liverpoolcfan,

Thanks very much for taking the time to look at this. I've installed the new version 55 and seem to be running into the same issue. For what its worth, I had the same issue as described here: z-push and zimbra backend problem and resolved it as described. I mention this because it had to do with Json decoding.

You mention in that thread that those fuctions should be standard in php, but I have two possible version available at this point. I'm currently using php-common, but php5.3 is also available. I chose common due to it allowing the flags to be added into the zpush alias file at /etc/httpd/conf.d/ If there is another way to do this without mod-php, I can just use php5.3 and maybe resolve this myself.

edit: Is there anywhere I can make a donation for your work?

So, did you get it working now ?

php53 still uses apache mod_php, it is just a newer version of PHP. There are a couple of php-extensions that are not available from CentOS php-mcrypt and php-mhash come to mind but they are not needed by z-push. I haven't tried putting the directives in the conf.d folder - but don't see why it wouldn't work.

I just uninstalled all php-* packages with yum, and installed the equivalent set of packages from the php53-* set and am running php 5.3 under CentOS 5.7 on my z-push server.

If you want to donate to me, you can click on my username on the sourceforge site and there is a link on my profile page there. It would be very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    So, did you get it working now ?

php53 still uses apache mod_php, it is just a newer version of PHP. There are a couple of php-extensions that are not available from CentOS php-mcrypt and php-mhash come to mind but they are not needed by z-push. I haven't tried putting the directives in the conf.d folder - but don't see why it wouldn't work.

I just uninstalled all php-* packages with yum, and installed the equivalent set of packages from the php53-* set and am running php 5.3 under CentOS 5.7 on my z-push server.

If you want to donate to me, you can click on my username on the sourceforge site and there is a link on my profile page there. It would be very much appreciated.
    Just got it working by switching to php53. I worked around the modphp issue by just putting the directives in a php.ini file in the z-push root. Thanks very much for your help, I'll be sending a donation your way!

Excellent. Delighted you got it working.

Can you explain what exactly the modphp issue you have is, as it might help others.

By the way, you should be able to use a .htaccess file in the z-push root instead of a php.ini if you don't want to have multiple php.ini files hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    Excellent. Delighted you got it working.

Can you explain what exactly the modphp issue you have is, as it might help others.

By the way, you should be able to use a .htaccess file in the z-push root instead of a php.ini if you don't want to have multiple php.ini files hanging around.
    Sure thing. My issue was with the flags:

Code:
    php_flag magic_quotes_gpc = off
    php_flag register_globals = off
    php_flag magic_quotes_runtime = off
    php_flag short_open_tag = on
    In some versions of the documentation for zpush2, you're instructed to put these flags into a "zpush.conf" file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ along with the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync alias. Doing this with php-common (5.1 as I understand) installed worked assuming modphp was installed as well. However, when I updated to php53, yum wouldn't allow me to install modphp, as it conflicted with php53. So without those flags, I wouldn't be able to sign in with a device, but with php-common I was having many other issues.

My eventual solution was to install php53-* as instructed, and insert these flags through php.ini. I went with php.ini due to this servers sole purpose in life being zpush, so mulitple php.ini files wouldn't be an issue.

On CentOS 5.x, the php53 package should also provide the mod_php that goes with it - but it will not install if the old one is still in place.

In my case I did
    yum remove php php-*

followed by
    yum install php53 php53-devel
    yum install php53-soap
    yum install php53-gd php53-mbstring php53-mcrypt php53-mhash php53-mysql (which reports mcrypt/mhash are not available)
    yum install php53-xml php53-xmlrpc
    yum install php53-process

Thread Information