Thread: Z-push issue [system failure: Extension HTTP handler not found at /zimbrasync/]

blason is offline Elite Member

Default Z-push issue [system failure: Extension HTTP handler not found at /zimbrasync/]

Hey Guys,

Just installed z-push and Zimbra on same server and trying to access the url from same lLAN before I give a try from my HTC wildfire and facing this error. I went through the forum and looks a common problem but unfortunately didnt find any exact solution specified anywhere.

Any idea why this error is popping up?

Also after integrating with Zimbra what are the setting I need to do on my android to start the syncing between these two hosts?

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /service/extension/zimbrasync/. Reason:

system failure: Extension HTTP handler not found at /zimbrasync/

Powered by Jetty://

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

That is because you are not actually hitting z-push - you are hitting the zimbra jetty server.

If you want to try to set both up on the same box - which I wouldn't recommend for a variety of reasons - you need to

change settings in zimbra to make it listen on non-standard ports
    follow some of the wiki advice on running apache in front of zimbra
    and once you have that all working, then add z-push to the mix.

zimbra natively has a /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync alias declared which is for the Network Edition and points to their implementation of ActiveSync

blason is offline Elite Member

Ok - Thats a good advice however that raises couple of questions

1] Running on non-standard ports - Does that mean running Webmail on port other than 443 or 80 OR Running admin console otehr than port 7071?

2] Does OSS falvor also have a Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync Alis declared?

3] Assuming I move z-push on other server what settings I needed on Android front? Do I need to access z-push URL?

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by blason View Post
    Ok - Thats a good advice however that raises couple of questions

1] Running on non-standard ports - Does that mean running Webmail on port other than 443 or 80 OR Running admin console otehr than port 7071?

2] Does OSS falvor also have a Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync Alis declared?

3] Assuming I move z-push on other server what settings I needed on Android front? Do I need to access z-push URL?
    You will need to read up on setting up z-push & ActiveSync to understand it fully before you start. Otherwise you will have lots of questions.

Activesync can only work by finding a relative url /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync on the server you configure on your phone. You cannot point it at another directory or alias.

ActiveSync on many phones will only work over HTTPS on port 443. Some will allow HTTP on port 80 - but not many. You cannot change the port number for either HTTPS or HTTP on most phones.

From your phone - you will point it at whatever your new hostname or IP is. That web server will have to have an alias

Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/html/"your z-push directory here"/index.php

where you make sure the target of the Alias is a full path to the index.php file for z-push

Please fully read the z-push INSTALL file, and the Release Notes and configuration notes at the top of the zimbra backend file (zimbra.php) before trying to go any further.

Thread Information