Thread: HTC Desire & Missing Sync

breakthru is offline New Member

Default HTC Desire & Missing Sync

Hi

I've recently got an Android HTC Desire phone. I purchased Missing Sync expecting to use it with Entourage - and Entourage just didn't play nice.

So I've downloaded Zimbra desktop and it looks pretty sweet - so I'm looking forward to using it.

However, I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to sync with my HTC Desire phone.

Does anyone know if I'm able to do that using Missing Sync or is there something else I need to be doing?

Thanks

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by breakthru View Post
    I've recently got an Android HTC Desire phone. I purchased Missing Sync expecting to use it with Entourage - and Entourage just didn't play nice.

So I've downloaded Zimbra desktop and it looks pretty sweet - so I'm looking forward to using it.

However, I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to sync with my HTC Desire phone.

Does anyone know if I'm able to do that using Missing Sync or is there something else I need to be doing?
    You've posted this in the Zimbra Collaboration Suite forum so, if you're using the Network Edition then you can sync and HTC Desire with that. If your question is about Zimbra Desktop then the answer is no, you can't sync the Desire with that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Bill - yes I'm on the Desktop - so about now I'm saying Dang - 'cos I've been using Zimbra all day and am thinking it is pretty awesome .

Would I be right that the Network edition is for people with more than one user? I'm a single business owner. I couldn't quite get the difference between being online and Desktop.

Tx
    Shelley

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by breakthru View Post
    Thanks Bill - yes I'm on the Desktop - so about now I'm saying Dang - 'cos I've been using Zimbra all day and am thinking it is pretty awesome .

Would I be right that the Network edition is for people with more than one user? I'm a single business owner. I couldn't quite get the difference between being online and Desktop.
    The Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is a complete mail server and collaboration package, it's not (normally) something that a single user would install. The basic difference between the product is that there's also an Open Source version of ZCS as well as the NE version (it has more features and is paid for although there is a free 10 user licence with the recently announced ZCS Appliance). OK, so ZCS is the mail and collaboration suite and ZD is a mail client that connects to any mail server (ZCS, Exchange or your ISP etc) and downloads your mail locally for viewing when (or if) you're offline.

Synchronising ZD with any smartphone would require that it support Activesync (a MS proprietary) protocol and it doesn't, that's the blocker for using it with any smartphone.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for your detailed reply Bill - I appreciate it.

Thread Information