Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

carnold is offline Advanced Member

I have backend 54 working with zimbra 8.0.1 fine. Thank you liverpoolfan for your continued work on this project!

iphone5, and on the "preview" of your mailbox on a html email, the body says this message has no content. How do i have the preview display the actual message?

when i search for an email and find it and view the email, it says the message has not be downloaded and there appears to be no way to download the body. How do i fix this to show the body when you view a searched email?

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by carnold View Post
    I have backend 54 working with zimbra 8.0.1 fine. Thank you liverpoolfan for your continued work on this project!

iphone5, and on the "preview" of your mailbox on a html email, the body says this message has no content. How do i have the preview display the actual message?

when i search for an email and find it and view the email, it says the message has not be downloaded and there appears to be no way to download the body. How do i fix this to show the body when you view a searched email?
    Firstly, before reporting issues please always test with the latest version of the backend. And, please request support on the SourceForge site - under "Tickets"

That being said - it sounds like you have an email that the backend is not able to decode for some reason.

Please look for a PM from me. I would like you to forward a copy of the email to me if possible.

jobe is offline Senior Member

Hi everybody, I experienced a strange behaviour with contacts sync. Some users have a shared address book, and on their phones they don't see contacts from their address book, but only contacts from the shared one. I tried to share an address book to a new account, and after a few minutes the contacts from the address book of the account disappeared from the phone, substituted by the contacts from the shared one.
    If I try to add a new contact from the phone, it is added to the address book of the account (I can see it from Zimbra web interface), and momentarily I can see the "original" contacts on the phone, but after a few minutes all the shared contacts substitute the original ones.
    In config.php there is define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',false); because we would like to see only the non-shared contacts in the address books.
    Backend version is 52.1 on Zimbra 7.2.1 .
    Do you have any clue?
    Thank you

adamhatak is offline Active Member

Hi,

First of all huge thanks for support for zimbra backend!
    I'm trying to find a solution for duplicated appointment requests (but without any success). I'm using Zimbra FOSS 7.2.2 + Z-push 2.0.6 (just updated).
    The problem I'm facing looks like this:

On Android phone (now HTC Desire X) I create an appointment called "Test", enter dates and hours (one-time meeting), and enter recipients.
    Those recipients receive two (duplicated) meetings requests in their mailboxes. Very, very annoying.

Anyone have similar issues?

Regads,

Adam.

UPDATE:

In my sent folder i can see duplicate send messages. In one the Organizer is my full name, in second only my e-mail address.
    That's my it's duplicated.... Any solution for that?

Creating similar meeting on iPhone don't duplicate entries...
    Last edited by adamhatak; 01-23-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by adamhatak View Post
    On Android phone (now HTC Desire X) I create an appointment called "Test", enter dates and hours (one-time meeting), and enter recipients.
    Those recipients receive two (duplicated) meetings requests in their mailboxes. Very, very annoying.
    This is a known issue - but a very difficult one to work around. It has to do with the API available from zimbra for sending emails, accepting meetings, etc. I have done a lot of work on trying to find a viable solution but do not have one as yet.

While I know it would be much nicer to get just one copy of the invite - for the moment it is much better to get two than to get none. You should be able to accept the meeting request from either one.

drdre is online now Elite Member

Liverpoolcfan.. i must say you have done damn good for the FOSS users .. i love z-push and thanks for all the work... you and your team do.
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

sangamc is offline Special Member

Once again thanks for all the support Liverpoolcfan! you efforts go above and beyond COD

I have a quick question. I am still on z-push 1.5 since I can get z-psuh2 to work with zimbra proxy and multiple backend stores. I would like to move my z-push install to an ubuntu server from its current CentOS5. Is there anything specific I should look out for, or can i simply copy my /var/www/html/z-push folder to the new server?

The reason I am asking is because I still can not defeat the memory leak. Even with a cron to restart httpd every hour, its gotten to the point where apache crashes so hard it will not release port 80 back to the OS. Here is an example of the error.

[root@mobile ~]# service httpd restart
    Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
    Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs.

After searching some zarafa forums i figured i would give it a shot since this problem always seems to come up with users on centos5 and 6. And with my end users basically loosing all patience with no email on their phones, I am desperate to try anything.

Thanks!
    Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL6_64_20120410002025 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition.

It should work fine as far as I can see. You do have to specifically install the php-xxx sub-packages where CentOS would have installed them itself by default.

I find it strange that you have these issues with apache though. What settings do you have ? Is apache killing and replacing threads on a regular basis ? Or do you have settings of 0 meaning they never get recycled ? You should be recycling the threads which should release any leaked memory. I can't recall what other settings I have - but I am pretty sure I have this set at about 100. It is the most critical parameter I am aware of to ensure you don't leak too much memory.

MaxRequestsPerChild Directive

Description: Limit on the number of requests that an individual child server will handle during its life
    Syntax: MaxRequestsPerChild number
    Default: MaxRequestsPerChild 10000
    Context: server config
    Module: mpm_netware, mpm_winnt, mpmt_os2, prefork, worker
    The MaxRequestsPerChild directive sets the limit on the number of requests that an individual child server process will handle. After MaxRequestsPerChild requests, the child process will die. If MaxRequestsPerChild is 0, then the process will never expire.

Different default values

The default value for mpm_netware and mpm_winnt is 0.
    Setting MaxRequestsPerChild to a non-zero value limits the amount of memory that process can consume by (accidental) memory leakage.

Note

For KeepAlive requests, only the first request is counted towards this limit. In effect, it changes the behavior to limit the number of connections per child.
    Default Configuration

The default (compiled-in) value of this setting (10000) is used when no MaxRequestsPerChild directive is present in the configuration. Many default configurations provided with the server include "MaxRequestsPerChild 0" as part of the default configuration.

sangamc is offline Special Member

Hi Liverpoolfcfan,

From what I can tell. Apache is not killing and replacing threads. Or at least its not doing it the way its supposed to. I routinely see the number of child process rise (monitoring with M/Monit) and free memory drop until the server starts swapping.

I had worked with you a couple of months ago on the apache settings. I still have the same recommended settings you had suggested in a PM

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
    MaxRequestsPerChild 1000

For several weeks everything went back to normal and I was happy, then trouble started again. Its at the point now where I am starting to look at the possibility of DOS attacks or maybe someone trying to compromise the server. At the same time apache goes crazy, traffic on eth0 and TCP requests spike!

Its trully a mystery
    Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL6_64_20120410002025 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition.

alarentis is offline Member

Hi all I'm using a server zimbra Open Source version 8.xx without problems.
    Having decided to add to the mail service a mobile service. SO I decided to set up a second server with z-push.
    The connection is made perfectly and zimbra public everything automatically on the terminals.
    example:
    1) Load an appointment on zimbra and near real-time updating on the calendar on my smartphone
    2) Load a shared appointment of zimbra and near real-time updating on the calendar on my smartphone
    3) Load a contact in the address book of zimbra near real-time updating on the calendar on my smartphone
    3) Load a contact in the shared address book on zimbra near real-time updating on the calendar on my smartphone
    4) sending mail from zimbra is that smartphone and automatically updates in maneria bidirectional.

We ask: and where are the problems?
    Let me explain. If I try to create a new contact in the address book on my smartphone, zimbra not add this to my address book zimbra. the same thing happens for appointments in the calendar. In short, the bidirectional functionality works perfectly for the mail but not for the address book or calendar:
    some of you can help me?
    Do you have any suggestions for me?
    thank you very much to all
    Alessio
    PS: sorry for my poor english

Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread Information