Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

carnold is offline Advanced Member

Well, i have fixed the proxy issue but still can not get a login page at http://192.168.123.3/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync. That gives a 404 with not a hint of anything in the zpush logs.
    Just so i elimanate the placement of zpush and the backendbeing the issue:
    -although the zpush (2.0.6-1616) install file says to put the untarred content in /var/share/z-push, i have put the untarred content in my doc root, which is /srv/www/htdocs/sites/z-push.
    -z-push backend = untarred contents in /srv/www/htdocs/sites/z-push/backend/zimbra
    I have tried both z-push 2 and as12.1 from the untarred contents of zimbra54, both give a 404.

Does anyone see a problem with my z-push.conf file:
    Code:
    <VirtualHost *:80>
            ServerAdmin info@as.domain.com
            ServerName as.*

# Indexes + Directory Root.
            DirectoryIndex index.php
            DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/sites/z-push/
            Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /srv/www/htdocs/sites/z-push/index.php

<Directory />
                    AllowOverride All
            </Directory>

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    	php_flag register_globals off
    	php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off
    	php_flag short_open_tag on

# Logfiles - you'll need to create the paths if they don't exist already
            ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/z-push-error.log
            CustomLog /var/log/apache2/z-push-access.log combined

</VirtualHost>
    Here is my config.php:

Code:
     *  Backend settings
     */
        // The data providers that we are using (see configuration below)
        define('BACKEND_PROVIDER', "BackendZimbra");

// ************************
        //  BackendZimbra settings
        // Defines the server to which we want to connect
        define('ZIMBRA_DEBUG',true);
        define('ZIMBRA_URL', 'https://192.168.124.3');
        define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR', 'zimbra');
        define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES', true);
        define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);
        define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);
        define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);
        define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);
        define('ZIMBRA_HTML',true);

//  BackendZarafa settings
        // Defines the server to which we want to connect
        define('MAPI_SERVER', 'file:///var/run/zarafa');
    Should the entries after zimbra backend be removed or commented out?

With much help from Doug, this is now working. I removed everything in the vhost file except the Alias entry and bam, it started working. Also found i had mixed as12.1 of z-push backend with z-push 2.0.6.161 which is a no-no. Fixed that and everything is workin great.

Just so you know, this apache server hosts a number of websites with numerous proxypass and rewrite rules. The zimbra server host numerous domains with email and once z-push was configured, everyone's domain email is working (no extra config for all the domains). Thank you for this piece of software/webapp!!

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Default Release 55 of the z-push zimbra backend has been uploaded to SourceForge

Release 55 of the z-push zimbra backend has been uploaded to SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbrabackend/)

Code:
    ==============  Z-Push Zimbra Backend - Release Notes - Release 55  ==============

THESE RELEASE NOTES ARE FOR RELEASE 55 CHANGES 

PLEASE READ THESE RELEASE NOTES COMPLETELY BEFORE IMPLEMENTING RELEASE 55

CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE TO YOUR config.php TO MOVE SETTINGS TO A NEW zimbra/config.php FILE

ZIMBRA 6.0.4 AND EARLIER 
    These releases of zimbra have a bug in the JSON output of commands that breaks the 
    json_decode parser. If you wish to use z-push-2 with the zimbra backend you must update
    to a newer zimbra release.  See zimbra bugzilla for details :- 
    http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=42867

Changes Made To Revision 55: 

These changes are for the z-push-2 version ONLY
    The z-push-1 and as12.1 versions are still at Revision 54

- Updated to match ConfigContentParameters changes in Z-Push 2.0.6 RC 
       (trunk change r1558) and later - Added $contentParameters=false to functions
       MoveMessage, ChangeMessage, DeleteMessage and SetReadFlag. No 
       handling of $contentParameters has been added to the code at this time - 
       just the parameter has been added to the function definitions to avoid 
       breaking the backend
     - Added zimbra/config.php file to match new packaging requirements of z-push
     - Added unset()s for many foreach arrays/variables
     - Moved ZIMBRA_USER_DIR handling into function GetUserProfileXML
     - Moved FakeOutBox from function Setup() to function Logon()
     - Differentiate default and user Appt/Contact folders in function GetFolder
     - Changed ChangesSink to detect folder creation/deletion
     - Changed ChangesSink to detect VirtualFolder changes
     - Changed Log message prefix from ZimbraBackend to Zimbra for 
       consistency
     - Fixed typos in CACHED TASKS/APPOINTMENTS log messages

timbrammer910 is offline Junior Member

liverpoolcfan,

This seems to be the only active thread in here, so I'll try my question here. First, thanks a ton for your continued work on this project, it helps a lot of people.

I've just setup z-push-2 and version 55 of the backend on a CentOS box. All is well except for the dates on the messages. They all come through as being from Jan 18th, 2038. Any idea where I could start looking for the cause of this?

Note: this only happens for messages arriving through the backend. Events are fine, and messages sent over imap are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrammer910 View Post
    I've just setup z-push-2 and version 55 of the backend on a CentOS box. All is well except for the dates on the messages. They all come through as being from Jan 18th, 2038. Any idea where I could start looking for the cause of this?
    Please use the sourceforge site "Support Requests" to look for help. It helps keep the noise on this thread to a minimum.

That said, I have been working with another user offline today to try to figure out a similar issue, and I have found the cause of their issue. Some platform/PHP version combinations are mangling the millisecond timestamps that zimbra uses and turning them into floating point numbers in Engineering notation (eg. 1.234567890E+12) I have added handling for this format to the date converter. Hopefully this is the same problem you are running into.

I have updated the Release 55 archive with this fix.

Please re-download the file, and make sure the Revision listed on line 5 of the file is

* Revision : 55.z-push-2 (11-December-2012)

(Note it now shows 11-December-2012 - whereas the original one showed 10-December-2012)

Please use this version and reply back to the thread here if it fixes the issue for you, or not.

I have opened a ticket on an issue with the way updated meeting requests are handled by zimbra 7.2.1 that is breaking the sync to iOS6 and WM6.5 devices.

What zimbra is now doing is moving the calendar item to the new time slot in the GUI "as soon as the reschedule meeting request email arrives", and then highlighting it in red so the user can see it needs attention. The user can either accept the update from the email or right-click to action it from the calendar GUI.

However, when using SOAP to monitor changes, the device is notified of the change to the calendar (i.e zimbra moving the appointment) so it requests a sync of that calendar item, and once that is received it has a different timestamp from the instance of the meeting in the email that is offering the update. iOS removes the Accept/Decline/Tentative buttons from the invite so the user cannot action the updated invitation. On WM6.5 it shows a message that the request is out of date, and again will not allow any action to be taken on it.

This issue has been reproduced by zimbra using their own mobile sync and was initially targetted for fixing in 7.2.3 - however, yesterday it was pushed out to 9.x

Please take a moment to go and vote for this bug to see if we can get it fixed sooner Bug 78965 &ndash; iOS6/WM6.5 Calendar sync broken for moved meetings

Please don't reply back to this thread to say that you voted as it is already very long with many subscribers.

Z-push 2 and zimbra backend 54 on SLES11 SP2. This had been working fine until this morning. I found that the patch cable (RJ-45) had gone bad. Replaced that and now the server is working fine except z-push keeps giving me an error on iphone 5, Username and password not correct. All other z-push accounts to this server work fine. I reenter the password and get the same error on my phone. Check the z-push (access) log:
    Code:
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [DEBUG] [email@address] Zimbra->(): SOAP FAULT: Error Code Returned [account.AUTH_FAILED] 
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [ERROR] [email@address] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [ INFO] [email@address] AuthenticationRequiredException: Access denied. Username or password incorrect - code: 0
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [ INFO] [email@address] User-agent: 'Apple-iPhone5C1/1001.405'
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [DEBUG] [email@address] ZPush::PrintZPushLegal()
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [DEBUG] [email@address] LoopDetection->ProcessLoopDetectionTerminate()
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [DEBUG] [email@address] -------- End
    Check the z-push error log at the corresponding time:
    Code:
    28/12/2012 08:50:09 [ 3049] [ERROR] [email@address] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    28/12/2012 08:50:14 [ 4059] [ERROR] [email@address] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    28/12/2012 08:50:20 [ 4070] [ERROR] [email@address] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    28/12/2012 08:50:23 [ 3048] [ERROR] [email@address] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    28/12/2012 08:50:23 [ 3051] [ERROR] [email@address] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    I have restarted apache and the whole server. I have turned on z-push debug. I have restarted my phone. I have entered the password numerous times and checked the username. Other users are fine and my other email accounts using z-push on the same server work fine.

Your Account is most likely locked out on the zimbra server.

drdre is offline Elite Member

liverpool.... other thing happened... I am on vacation and i just got myself a galaxy note 2.... the first time i configured it... I could send and receive mail... now i cant sent at all.. it tells me server doesnt not support authentication/.. any ideas..
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    liverpool.... other thing happened... I am on vacation and i just got myself a galaxy note 2.... the first time i configured it... I could send and receive mail... now i cant sent at all.. it tells me server doesnt not support authentication/.. any ideas..
    I had something similar happen once with my Galaxy TAB. It would not connect to the z-push server using HTTPS for some reason. I never got to the bottom of why. As I also had HTTP access to z-push on the same network, I unchecked the SSL option in the client, and it connected immediately. After it connected I edited the account settings and re-checked the SLL option and it continued to work correctly.

As I have never seen the issue with any other device to date, I suspect that it is something in the Samsung android 4.0.4 email client.

Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread Information