Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

uxbod is offline Moderator

Klug, is that OTA direct with Zimbra Mobile or using Z-Push ? I get about a day out of my 3G using ZM.

Klug is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Klug, is that OTA direct with Zimbra Mobile or using Z-Push ? I get about a day out of my 3G using ZM.
    With my 3GS and Zimbra Mobile, I'm getting more than one day (if I do not call too much nor play with safari or anything else).

My friend made a test yesterday : his iPHone 3GS using z-push went out of battery after 13h28...

We'll do additionnal tests today with OTA for mail/contacts only.

liverpoolfcfan is online now Outstanding Member

Hi,

Is there an easy way to query a users First and Last name from the Zimbra SOAP service ?

When using zimbra.php and a Nokia phone - the emails get sent with a bad sender name - "Mail for Exchange"

The email address is correct - it just sticks "Mail for Exchange" in as the user name.

There is an option in config.php for
    Code:
        define('IMAP_DEFAULTFROM', '');
    to manipulate the senders name in the SendMail function when using the imap.php backend.

A similar override option for the Nokia sender would be fantastic.

For instance
    Code:
        define('ZIMBRA_NOKIA_MFE_FIX', 'true'/'false');
    Then, in SendMail add the logic to apply the override

Code:
    if ZIMBRA_NOKIA_MFE_FIX is defined  AND  ZIMBRA_NOKIA_MFE_FIX == 'true' {
      if sender name is "Mail for Exchange" {
        Retrieve First & Last name from Zimbra SOAP
        Set sender name = Zimbra First and Last Name
      }
    }
    I would be delighted to test the fix for you.

Thanks.
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 03-23-2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction

jonallport is offline Special Member

Did you do anything particular to get Mail for Exchange to work?

I have Z-push 1.3RC2 with ZimbraBackend 25 working really well on WM5, but just get errors on MfE (only syncing mail at the moment on Nokia)

Thanks,
    Jon

Nothing special - just a lot of trial and error.

Certificates were my biggest issue. Nokia will only work if you have stored your SSL CA certificate on the phone. There is aWiki article on how to accomplish this.

Also - make sure you properly configure access to the z-push directory, and if using SSL make sure you configure it to SSLRequireSSL

I have Apache running in mixed mode, and discovered that after the Aliased first connection to Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync which connected under SSL - the next page was being served up without SSL. Hence the external Nokia client which can ony get to the server through the HTTPS port was not able to handle the request. As far as I can recall I could see this happen by hitting the Alias through a HTTPS session in a web browser. It would prompt for a userid/password, then the GET access error page would be sent as HTTP instead of HTTPS. Adding the SSLRequireSSL directive for the directory fixed this.

The Mail for Exchange client appears to be quite poor for use with Zimbra/z-push.

I have the latest SVN download of z-push "trunk" branch, and Zimbra backend 27

Tasks do not work at all. Just enabling them seems to stop the client synchronizing at all.

Calendar is limited - it allows you to create an appointment - but just for yourself. You cannot add invitees as far as I can see. If you send the appointment to others they get a MIME encoded CALENDAR.VCS attachment - that Zimbra does not know what to do with.

Email is working well apart from the "Mail for Exchange" user name issue I mentioned a couple of posts back.

Contacts are working well.

I have read that in some cases you need to specify "Delete items on phone" for the initial sync in order for it to get going.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 03-23-2010 at 05:53 AM.

jonallport is offline Special Member

SSL CA - Check!
    SSLRequireSSL - Check!

Nothing except 'Full resync' produces a result, and that throws an error!

Any ideas?

Can send OK, but only get new mail when doing full resync - diff'ing problem?

Do you have it set to "Always on" ?

I have been trying to get Always on to work correctly, and it doesn't seem to do. I switched to "Every 15 minutes" instead and everything works as expected.

Can you give that a try

I just looked at the fixes to be included in the 6.0.6 release and it seems they have put in a fix for the paid version to address the "Mail for Exchange" issue

Bug 40633 &ndash; Nokia Mail for Exchange sends sender name as "Mail for Exchange"

If someone has access to the fixed java code for that, it might provide guidance for a fix on the zimbra backend.

inaut is offline Intermediate Member

Default HTC Hero Version 27

Hi!

With Version 27 snycing Mails, Contacts, Calender is correctly working in both directions.

BUT

If an Email is bigger than 1MB, i get an error 500 in /var/log/apache2/access.log and the Phone don't stop syncing.
    I tried to set MAX_EMBEDDED_SIZE in config.php to 5 MB, but this did not help

last lines from debug.txt
    Code:
    03/25/10 16:37:27 [8051] /home/myroot/public_html/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:2204 Undefined index:  value (8)
    03/25/10 16:37:27 [8051] /home/myroot/public_html/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:2256 Undefined index:  mp_attribute_s (8)
    03/25/10 16:37:27 [8051] /home/myroot/public_html/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:2256 Undefined index:  mp_attribute_filename (8)
    03/25/10 16:37:27 [8051] /home/myroot/public_html/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:2256 Undefined index:  mp_attribute_part (8)
    03/25/10 16:37:27 [8051] /home/myroot/public_html/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:2256 Undefined index:  mp_attribute_ct (8)
    03/25/10 16:37:27 [8051] /home/myroot/public_html/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:2256 Undefined index:  mp_attribute_cd (8)
    /var/log/apache2

Code:
    "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=FolderSync&User=mh&DeviceId=HTCAndffXXXX&DeviceType=htchero HTTP/1.1" 200 207 "-" "Android-EAS/0.1"
    "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=GetItemEstimate&User=mh&DeviceId=HTCAndffXXXX&DeviceType=htchero HTTP/1.1" 200 36 "-" "Android-EAS/0.1"
    "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&User=mh&DeviceId=HTCAndffXXXX&DeviceType=htchero HTTP/1.1" 500 271 "-" "Android-EAS/0.1"

I ran into this yesterday too - where my phone stopped syncing incoming mail having been doing so happily for a number of days.

Finally I removed all email from Inbox to a temp folder and it started working again.

I copied back emails one by one until I found the offending email. It was a large attachement.

I took a look through the zimbra.php backend module, and in there is a function

Code:
        function getTruncSize($truncation) {
            switch($truncation) {
                case SYNC_TRUNCATION_HEADERS:
                    return 0;
                case SYNC_TRUNCATION_512B:
                    return 512;
                case SYNC_TRUNCATION_1K:
                    return 1024;
                case SYNC_TRUNCATION_5K:
                    return 5*1024;
                case SYNC_TRUNCATION_ALL:
                    return 1024*1024; // We'll limit to 1MB anyway
                default:
                    return 1024; // Default to 1Kb
            }
        }
    I assume that these last two sections are imposing an arbitrary limit of 1MB on emails that will sync.

However, if an email reaches that limit, the sync should be capable of continuing with other emails in the inbox.

Hopefully someone can figure out what is making it break here.

Page 8 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread Information