Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

rhorist is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    I bet you have Provisioning set to true in config.php set it to false. I believe that's the only thing that settings that uses MySQL. If u want use provisioning make sure u have it setup right and have php-MySQL install
    Your right, that was it. I read the post above me and it sounded like he said his was set to false and it needed to be set to true.

Thanks for the help.

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    I bet you have Provisioning set to true in config.php set it to false. I believe that's the only thing that settings that uses MySQL. If u want use provisioning make sure u have it setup right and have php-MySQL install
    Do this. And, move zimbradb.php out of the backend folder and into the include folder if you want to get rid of the error completely. z-push is autoloading all *.php files from the backend folder - and it should only be loaded on demand when provisioning is enabled.

zaphod777 is offline New Member

Hey guys I was wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction to how to install this for Zimbra. I have installed it and get the login prompt but I am just missing how I actually point it to the zimbra server.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod777 View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction to how to install this for Zimbra. I have installed it and get the login prompt but I am just missing how I actually point it to the zimbra server.

Thanks
    Okay I think I have it setup mostly correct now but when I am testing the activeSync login via the web browser it just keeps asking for my username and PW.

logging into webmail works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod777 View Post
    Okay I think I have it setup mostly correct now but when I am testing the activeSync login via the web browser it just keeps asking for my username and PW.

logging into webmail works just fine.
    enabling debuging I saw that I needed to install php5-curl
    after that I could login and got the "GET not supported

This is the z-push location and can only be accessed by Microsoft ActiveSync-capable devices.
    "

So now on to real device testing :-P

rhorist is offline Member

Ok. Now I have a new issue. I had a Android phone and an iPad2 using this with no issues. Now my Android is working fine, but now my iPad2 gives an error: Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed.

I haven't changed anything. What could be the issue?

Thanks.

undertoe is offline Loyal Member

Maybe try deleting the account on your iPad and setting it back up
    otel consulting, inc.
    www.otelconsulting.com | facebook | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by rhorist View Post
    Ok. Now I have a new issue. I had a Android phone and an iPad2 using this with no issues. Now my Android is working fine, but now my iPad2 gives an error: Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed.

I haven't changed anything. What could be the issue?

Thanks.
    Are you connecting by SIM card or Wi-fi. In my testing of the Apple client I was using an iPhone with no SIM card, and I kept having an issue where it was finding and connecting to a second wi-fi network that had a stronger signal - but had no access to my z-push server. It took a while for me to figure out exactly what the problem was.

check-ict is offline Junior Member

Hello,

I'm using Z-push/Zimbra backend for a month now and noticed a few bugs in IOS 5:

- All shared calenders are shown on my smartphone, including the normale calendar. When I remove a calendar in my webmail, it's also removed in the smartphone.

- HTML is not working on IOS 5

- I can't move existing calendar items. I can create a item, but when I edit it later (move, more hours, change time etc.) it doesn't work.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Quote Originally Posted by check-ict View Post
    - All shared calenders are shown on my smartphone, including the normale calendar. When I remove a calendar in my webmail, it's also removed in the smartphone.

- HTML is not working on IOS 5

- I can't move existing calendar items. I can create a item, but when I edit it later (move, more hours, change time etc.) it doesn't work.

Anyone else having the same problems?
    I did not have access to an iPhone until after Release 51 - I have ironed out some of the iPhone peculiarities in the latest SVN trunk version (51.5 as of today) - This will soon be out as Release 52 - but if you can't wait you can download it from SourceForge.net Repository - [zimbrabackend] Log of /zimbra-backend/trunk/zimbra.php

As regards your comment on Shared Calendars - that is the default behaviour. It shows everything you can see in you Web Client. If you remove a Calendar from your Web Client - it should also remove it from your phone.

If you want to have some stuff not show up on your phone - then read up on the SmartFolders feature. It will allow you to easily filter out some stuff.

Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread Information