Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Default Android 2.3.3 Calendar doesn't like contact Birthday field ?

I had my calendar go into a spin cycle again yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S with 2.3.3.

I tried my previous "fix" (of clearing Email application data and re-setting up the account) but it didn't work.

As luck would have it, when I was troubleshooting I noticed a colleagues phone had also started doing the same.

I realized I had made a change to my contact (in a shared folder) to troubleshoot an issue for an iPhone user (reported on the sourceforge site) - I had added my birthday.

From what I can see, this causes the phone's calendar to think it has an appointment that the server does not have, so it keeps trying to sync to resolve the conflict.

I edited my contact record on the server and removed the birthday, and both phones returned to synching properly.

Thinking back, I had removed both my birthday and anniversary from my contact record at approximately the same time as I had cleared the data the previous time. I had forgotten about it until now.

So, I am really curious to see if any of you who are experiencing constant calendar synching have contact records with birthday's set - and if you do and you remove them if it solves your problem.

Note: The anniversary field does not cause the problem

Note: The birthday field had no ill affects on my Nokia or my WM phone. The birthday synced correctly to both.

Stuart is offline Member

Greetings from Tralee :O)

No luck, changed the files out for the pre-release and still the same :O( do you need the log? It looks the same as the guy posted up....

Cheers
    Stuart/

bofh is offline Elite Member

actually clearing the statedirectory isnt nessesary with those android problems.

best thing you can do is:
    remove exchange profile from android
    clear the phone cache (use a cache app form market)
    - in some cases you need to go to magane apps /show all/ find calendar / calendar cache and email and clear their app data

shutdown the phone - remove the battery (really on samsungs phones turning off isnt turning off sometimes)

turn on again add exchange again look if it syncs - if not reboot the phone again - it should work

if not make a webserver writeable "debug.txt" in the z-push directory

make ONE sync attemp then rename the file again and post the results (please only one or 2 pages

PS: all the problems are not related to z-push and im pretty shure those happen to networkedition too
    because those problems are the same excahnge user have - all of them
    google scrwed it up thats it

zpush itself works pretty stable - no need to clear state ever (i did it once just to find out its not nessesary)
    99% of android problems are solved by readd profile and clear cache

ahh one thing - i recommend not to sync gmail calendar if yo sync excahnge calender for some reason some bugs apear when you use it
    to use the calendar fully use the app "acalendar" best i found after (really) testing every calendar on the market
    it has a manual sync option and works better with exchange calendars than the original one (some bugs there like you cannot edit an zimbra/exchange created appointment

i woudl also recommend not to sync mails by exchange - i use kmail as imap client - pretty good and stable and independed from syc profiles which is atm a advantage
    Last edited by bofh; 08-23-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Stuart is offline Member

Default Solved :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I have a new install and am having the same problem, devices log in and get the folder list but nothing syncs, no email, calendar or contacts.

Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

I can send an email from the device, but there is no syncing down to it from the server.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S2 using the standard samsung email client. I have searched this thread and tried using the Nokia Fake Outbox trick, as these are Android 2.3.3 devices but still nothing works.

If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it....
    Thanks
    With much help from liverpoolfcfan this is resolved. The problem was isolated to lighttpd, even with the patch for the the apache headers function. The symptons of the the problem was the the phone would connected and get the folder changes but would not sync anything, however this was resolved when I replaced lighttpd with apache2.

The server OS is Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Thanks for the help liverpoolfcfan.....

YakkoWarner is offline Active Member

Has there been any luck getting this working with a Windows Phone 7? I add an Outlook account to my phone, and it appears to be communicating (I'm getting a lot of chatter thrown in z-push/debug.txt and nothing resembling an error), but my phone gives up with a message:

Not updated

We're having a problem syncing your information. Try again later.

Last tried 3 seconds ago
    Error code: 85002024
    I tried installing the provisioning tools and tried syncing again. The device shows up in the Z-Push Zimbra Provisioning Registered Device List, but now the phone throws this error:
    Not updated

mail.{mydomain.com} requires that certain security policies be enforced before you can sync your information. Contact a support person or your service provider.

Last tried 3 minutes ago
    Error code: 85010013
    Which a quick google brings up this link: Windows Phone 7 fails to synchronize with error 0x85010013 or 0x8600C2B when connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server and this discussion thread referencing it: Error code 86000C29 - Exchange 2010 Failure - Microsoft Answers
    I don't know if that provides enough detail; it goes above my head a bit.

MaxNorman is offline Starter Member

Default Using Z-Push with Jetty...

Hi - not sure if this is the correct place or thread to post this in, but can anybody give me info on adding Z-Push and Z-Push backend to my Zimbra server? Right now server is using Jetty. Should I just build a new Apache server and pass ActiveSync through that? Or has anyone had success in adding Z-push to Jetty.

I'm a real novice with linux btw...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxNorman View Post
    Hi - not sure if this is the correct place or thread to post this in, but can anybody give me info on adding Z-Push and Z-Push backend to my Zimbra server? Right now server is using Jetty. Should I just build a new Apache server and pass ActiveSync through that? Or has anyone had success in adding Z-push to Jetty.

I'm a real novice with linux btw...

thanks
    My advice is to use a completely separate Apache install. Anything you put on the zimbra server can affect it's performance, and will also get blown away during upgrades, etc. If you have a standalone ActiveSync install - it will not be affected unless zimbra does something very dramatic during an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by YakkoWarner View Post
    Has there been any luck getting this working with a Windows Phone 7?
    I don't have access to a WM7 phone so I have not tested it.

I tried installing the provisioning tools and tried syncing again. The device shows up in the Z-Push Zimbra Provisioning Registered Device List, but now the phone throws this error:
    Try setting PROVISION to true, AND setting LOOSE_PROVISIONING to true also.

EDIT: It might also be an issue with how you configured your server Alias command - or with the installation of a client certificate on the WM7 phone. See the following discussion thread on the z-push forum. read all the way as some of the later posts specifically mention the error codes you got. http://z-push.sourceforge.net/phpbb/...php?f=7&t=1283
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 09-04-2011 at 12:28 PM.

MaxNorman is offline Starter Member

Default Z-Push and Z-Push Backend installation...

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    My advice is to use a completely separate Apache install. Anything you put on the zimbra server can affect it's performance, and will also get blown away during upgrades, etc. If you have a standalone ActiveSync install - it will not be affected unless zimbra does something very dramatic during an upgrade.
    Thanks for the speedy reply! I assume that I can use 10.4 Ubuntu for the apache server?
    Also I am unclear what happens to the Zimbra server at port 443, because it seems that Z-Push uses that port. How do I keep the web access for Zimbra working, which I think also uses that port? Can they both co-exist?
    thanks again
    M

Quote Originally Posted by MaxNorman View Post
    Thanks for the speedy reply! I assume that I can use 10.4 Ubuntu for the apache server?
    Also I am unclear what happens to the Zimbra server at port 443, because it seems that Z-Push uses that port. How do I keep the web access for Zimbra working, which I think also uses that port? Can they both co-exist?
    thanks again
    M
    That is one of the primary reasons it makes most sense to deploy z-push on it's own server. Basically z-push "logs on" through the zimbra web portal - whether it is on 443 or 80. If both machines are on the same private network then HTTP is fine - but if the traffic crosses the internet then HTTPS is obviously better.

The zimbra server for Webmail uses a path of HTTPS://server/zimbra - whereas the SOAP service that z-push interacts with is available under HTTPS://server/service/soap

In your config file for z-push - config.php - just set your ZIMBRA_URL to be the server name of the zimbra Webmail server - HTTPS://your.server.com (the backend script will append the /service/soap)

Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread Information