Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    OK again

if you dont wanna install provisions you dont have the zimbradb.php

That what riggs did too. He never downloaded anything more than backend and z-push

In that case it wont work - no matter what you set in the configuration he always needs the zimbradb.php.

After installing provision everything works fine
    Actually Riggs said ...
    10 Download ZimbraBackend to /home/NameOfYourSite/z-push/backend/
    a. tar zxvf zimbrabackend
    CORRECTION: The zimbradb.php is in the ProvisioningSetup file. But, you should not need it unless you set PROVISIONING = true
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 08-08-2011 at 07:19 AM.

bofh is offline Elite Member

Lol no zi8mbra backend does NOT include zimbradb.php
    and it wouldn make sense if it does because the backend should work without mysql database so no need to make a connect there

actually zimbrabackend contains:
    mime.php
    mimePart.php
    zimbra.php
    ReleaseNotes - Revision 50.txt
    v5timezone.xml

zimbradb.php is only part of zpush-zimbra-provisioning-1.02.tgz

and at the moment zimbracbackend does not work without it.

no matter if you set the config for provision to false or not the backend always trys to get the db.php and make a query against mysql

which is ok for me - im just telling you that this is the problem riggs run into.

if you follow the current instructions and dont install the mysql part its not gonna work.
    However maybe you want pack both solutions together

I wanted to get it run bevore i install the mysql pat to reduce the point of failure which resulted in the failure so at the moment you need both
    zimbra50.tgz and zpush-zimbra-provisioning-1.02.tgz

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Lol no zi8mbra backend does NOT include zimbradb.php
    My apologies .. you are right. It has been so long since I ran without provisioning.

I have just set up a test instance here though without the include file, and it has synced everything just fine.

Look for a pm from me. I would be grateful if you could send me a log file showing the errors you were getting.

siteox is offline Intermediate Member

I'm having some issues with meeting requests on the iPhone (4). I'm running the following:

Zimbra 7.1.1
    Z-Push 1.5.4
    Zimbra Backend Release 50

When I create a new calendar event on my iPhone, and invite another iPhone user, the invited iPhone user gets 1 email and no calendar invitations. When I create a new calendar event in Zimbra itself (from the web client), and invite another iPhone user, the invited iPhone user gets 2 emails and 2 calendar invitations (duplicates). I've tested this back and forth between 2 iPhones. I'm able to reproduce the same results everytime.

I've narrowed the issue down to this block of code:
    Code:
                    // email attendees
                    //attendees
                    if (stripos($GLOBALS['useragent'], "Apple") !== false) {
                        debugLog( "Creating Appointment: Apple client - so do NOT send invites from zimbra - Phone should them directly");
                    } else {
                        if(isset($input->attendees)) {
                            foreach($input->attendees as $attendee) {
                                $soap .= '<e a="'.$attendee->email.'"
                                             p="'.$attendee->name.'" t="t" />';

}
                        }
                    }
    Please let me know what I need to do to correct this. I created a bug report for this issue, as well.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Last edited by siteox; 08-08-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Unfortunately this is something I have worked extensively with another user trying to debug - but the iPhone has a mind of it's own when it comes to calendar invites.

While most phones will use zimbra to send the invites - the iPhone decides to send them directly itself.

I have not had an iPhone myself to try to do any additional debugging.

That being said - I do not understand why you are getting duplicate emails for events created in the web client. Can you tell me what preferences you have set under calendar. I have found the best settings for mobile workers are

[ ] Automatically add received appointments to calendar
    [X] Delete invite on reply

Are you referring to the settings on the iPhone, or in Zimbra? I don't see those particular settings on the iPhone. I just took the default settings when I setup the new Exchange account. My wife and I each have iPhones to test back and forth with, and will be glad to offer assistance with testing and troubleshooting. I also have a co-worker who has an iPad. The iPad provides the same result as the iPhone.

When I get 2 emails, one is addressed directly to the email address, and the other just shows the first and last name as though it is a Address Book listing. Does that make sense? For example:

Email 1:
    To: Joe User
    Email 2:
    To: juser@mydomain.com

I wonder if it has something to do with the global address list in Zimbra.

Thanks,
    Sean

My associate and I spent several hours testing last night, and discovered the following:

After unchecking "[ ] Automatically add received appointments to calendar", in the Zimbra settings, this corrected the issue of duplicate calendar events and the events being auto accepted. This was the reason for the duplicate calendar events. One event was the pending event (waiting for you to accept or decline), and the other was the same event already accepted.

We were unable to find the "[X] Delete invite on reply" setting in Zimbra.

We tested on iPhone 4, iPad 2, and an HTC Incredible (Android) running Touchdown. Of course the iPhone and iPad were exactly the same because they use the same OS.

When creating a calendar event with the iPhone, and sending it to the other iPhone, iPad or even the Android, you would receive only a blank message and no calendar invitations. However, when sending a calendar invitation from Zimbra to the iPhone, iPad or Android, you would receive the email and the invitation as expected.

In order to correct this, we commented out some lines making the section of code look like the following:
    Code:
                    // email attendees
                    //attendees
                    //if (stripos($GLOBALS['useragent'], "Apple") !== false) {
                    //    debugLog( "Creating Appointment: Apple client - so do NOT send invites from zimbra - Phone should them directly");
                    //} else {
                        if(isset($input->attendees)) {
                            foreach($input->attendees as $attendee) {
                                $soap .= '<e a="'.$attendee->email.'"
                                             p="'.$attendee->name.'" t="t" />';

}
                        }
                    //}
    This corrected the issue when trying to send a calendar invite from an iPhone to any other mobile user. Now you receive the email and the invite, as expected, from the iPhone and from Zimbra.

So, the only thing that is still strange are the email notifications sent to the meeting organizer. When accepting a meeting on the iPhone, iPad or Android, we always see 2 email notifications. This happens whether the invite was originally sent from a mobile device or from Zimbra. One email appears to come from Zimbra stating the meeting was accepted. The other appears to come from the mobile phone, directly, stating the meeting was accepted. One of the emails even said "Sent by Android Touchdown" in it, so we know it was direct from the device. Being that all three devices we tested did the same thing, this might be a normal occurrence. We are going to test against a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync system to see if this works the same in that environment.

In conclusion, we were able to fix the duplicate calendar issues (The calendar was syncing the event twice before you accepted or declined it. You would get one already accepted, and the other that was pending your response.). This appeared to be corrected by unchecking the "[ ] Automatically add received appointments to calendar" setting in Zimbra.

We were also able to correct the issue where you wouldn't receive an invitation on another mobile device (iPhone, iPad, or Android) if you sent the invitation from an iPhone. This was corrected by commenting out the lines on the code block above.

Sean

Thanks for reporting back on your findings. I wonder if you are working with a different revision of the operating system than the previous user that tested for me - as your findings are a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by siteox View Post
    We were unable to find the "[X] Delete invite on reply" setting in Zimbra.
    What version of zimbra are you using ? Since version 6 at least, it has always been in the first 6 or 7 lines of the Calendar preferences (right under the Automatically add received appointments to calendar setting)

The entire line says

After responding to an invitation: [X] Delete invite on reply

where the X means you should check that option

My iPhones are running iOS 4.3. My Zimbra version is:

Release 7.1.1_GA_3196.RHEL5_20110527011124 CentOS5 FOSS edition.

I'm running Zimbra on CentOS 5.6. I'm about to upgrade to Zimbra 7.1.2. Here are my Calendar settings:

Sean

That looks like the Calendar option from the Admin Tool. I am talking about the user preferences tab within the Web GUI. Take a look at the Calendar options there.

Also - in your image you show you are automatically adding forwarded invitations to your calendar. I think you are probably best turning that off.

Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread Information