Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by le_gache View Post
    My only issue is that when I synchronise calendar, all the calendars in my web client are synchronised in a single calendar on my phone...
    A single calendar is a limitation of ActiveSync (not sure if this is still the case with the very latest)

Is there a tunning option that I can apply to have only my calendar synchronised ?
    Yes - with Release 48 you can use a user.XML file - and specify 'exclude' rules for the Calendars you don't want. This needs to be configured on the server.
    When Release 49 comes out - there will be an additional option (SmartFolders) that is more user oriented.

Is there an option or will there be an option to synchronise multiple calendars as in the web client ?
    No - it's an ActiveSync limitation as mentioned above.

Last but not least, if you need (non english-spokers ) testers, I can be more involved.
    Thanks for the offer. Please PM me with your email address and I will let you know if I need help.

manoruk is offline Junior Member

Default Help! - Invalid request: tag must have a name error

Hi

I wonder if anyone can shed light on the contact sync issue we've seen recently
    Zimbra 7.1.0 64 bit on CentOS 5.5
    Z-Push 1.4.2
    Version 48 of Zimbra Z-Push
    HTC Desire handsets Android 2.2 and HTC wildfire Android 2.2

Everything works fine, but occasionally goes mad and takes down our Zimbra server with thousands of requests, the debug.txt shows this;

SOAP Error: <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><session id="1128605">1128605</session><change token="175332"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><soap:Fault><soap:Code><soa p:Value>soap:Sender</soap:Value></soap:Code><soap:Reason><soap:Text>invalid request: tag must have a name</soap:Text></soap:Reason><soapetail><Error xmlns="urn:zimbra"><Code>service.INVALID_REQUEST</Code><Trace>com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceExcep tion: invalid request: tag must have a name
    ExceptionId:btpool0-902://**.*******.co.uk/service/soap:1305053678840:621f819ffc6cbaf8
    Code:service.INVALID_REQUEST
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.INVALID _REQUEST(ServiceException.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.createTag(Mailbox.ja va:6012)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.createTag(Mailbox.ja va:6007)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.CreateTag.handle(Create Tag.java:55)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:412)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:287)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:158)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.jav a:294)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:215)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:725)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:208)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:814)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:79)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:155)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:388)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(Debu gHandler.java:77)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:946)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:756)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:410)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

The only way we can fix the issue is to delete the profile from the phone and start again and it will be fine for a few days.

Many thanks

Chris

Regarding HTC issue with contacts - Please look back in this thread to the last post on Page 48 (Hopefully once the moderator releases the question, it won't end up after the answer :-) )

Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

It deals with this issue specifically.

I would appreciate it if you could try an alternative fix for me though.

Search for the 3 lines that look like

Code:
                    if(isset($input->categories)){
    and replace them with

Code:
                    if (isset($input->categories) and is_array($input->categories)) {
    The originally suggested ffix worked fine for the HTC/Android but caused a problem with Windows Mobile.

Hopefully this alternative will work for all.

All you need to do to recreate the problem is

Pick a contact on the phone that is syncéd to the server, and that has no category defined. Make a change to a phone number on the phone, then sync it back to the server. You should see the issue.

Then make the change to the zimbra.php file and repeat the test.

Please report back if it fixes the problem.

Thanks.

manoruk is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    Regarding HTC issue with contacts - Please look back in this thread to the last post on Page 48 (Hopefully once the moderator releases the question, it won't end up after the answer :-) )

Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

It deals with this issue specifically.

I would appreciate it if you could try an alternative fix for me though.

Search for the 3 lines that look like

Code:
                    if(isset($input->categories)){
    and replace them with

Code:
                    if (isset($input->categories) and is_array($input->categories)) {
    The originally suggested ffix worked fine for the HTC/Android but caused a problem with Windows Mobile.

Hopefully this alternative will work for all.

All you need to do to recreate the problem is

Pick a contact on the phone that is syncéd to the server, and that has no category defined. Make a change to a phone number on the phone, then sync it back to the server. You should see the issue.

Then make the change to the zimbra.php file and repeat the test.

Please report back if it fixes the problem.

Thanks.
    Many thanks, that fix has solved the issue, contacts now sync perfectly both ways on HTC Desire and Wildfire.

I really appreciate your help!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by manoruk View Post
    Many thanks, that fix has solved the issue, contacts now sync perfectly both ways on HTC Desire and Wildfire.

I really appreciate your help!

Chris
    Excellent news. Thanks for reporting back.

Just when you thought you were done ...

Default Z-Push Zimbra Backend Release 49 uploaded to SourceForge

Release 49 of the z-push zimbra backend has just been uploaded to SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbrabackend/)

Here is a summary of the changes.

Code:
    PLEASE READ THESE RELEASE NOTES COMPLETELY BEFORE IMPLEMENTING RELEASE 49
    THIS IS EXPECIALLY CRITICAL IF YOU ARE TURNING ON ANY OF THE NEW FEATURES
    AND ARE UPGRADING AN EXISTING INSTALLATION

AS A RESULT OF THE REWRITE OF EMAIL HANDLING, TWO ADDITIONAL INCLUDE FILES
    ARE NEEDED - mime.php and mimePart.php - WHICH ARE USED FOR BUILDING EMAILS
    THESE CAN BE PLACED IN THE INCLUDE OR BACKEND FOLDER (BUT JUST ONE OF THEM)
    EMAIL SYNC WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT THEM 

Changes Made To Revision 49:

- HTML email when used with a patched install of the as12 branch of z-push
       from the z-push SVN repository. I will document the installation process
       separately in the near future. It has been tested with Android 2.3 and
       Windows Mobile 6.5 to date. I have no access to Apple devices so cannot
       do any testing on those - so they may still need some work.

The remainder fo the changes below apply to installations under either an 
       official z-push 1.5.x release, or the patched as12 release.

- Added new options to the config file to allow disabling of any folder
       type system-wide. See details in notes at top of zimbra.php file 
     - Added new SmartFolders feature - to allow users to control the list of 
       folders they wish to sync to their devices without using XML files 
       NOTE: If you wish to enable SmartFolders - you MUST stop sync and clear
       all old state data from the state folder. Even if no SmartFolder names
       are used, the sequence and naming of the folders will change
       NOTE: If SmartFolders are enabled, XML files will not be processed 
       To enable the feature set ZIMBRA_SMART_FOLDERS to true in config.php
       Once enabled, the final character in a folders name can take on special
       meanings as follows :-
        "-" Do not include this folder or any subfolders thereof
        "." Include this folder - But do not include any subfolders thereof
     - Changed Attachments handling to allow attachments in multi-part messages
       to be returned. Also allows attaching of an email as a .eml file
     - Added ability to filter out Completed Tasks during sync - Note: As zimbra 
       does not store a Completed Date, the last modified timestamp is used
     - Added Reminders for Tasks (for zimbra 7.0+) - need a zcs 6.0.nn user to test
       if it will work on zcs 6.0.nn also
     - Enhancement in SendMail to include original message text for reply/forward
       This is done in preference to attaching the original as Android devices are
       unable to open .eml attachments natively at this time
     - Added check in SendMail for z-push version to ensure we properly format the
       path to the "state" directory - change is to match the config.php change to
       the definition of STATE_DIR introduced by z-push 1.5 
     - Fix in SendMail to honour ZIMBRA_ENFORCE_VALID_EMAIL when set to true. If
       the from email address used is not a valid one for the account it is 
       replaced by the default sender email address. 
     - Fix in SendMail to add sender name to the address in all cases. This is a 
       generalized fix based on the original premise of the ZIMBRA_NOKIA_MFE_FIX
       as it seems that iPhone and Android also send emails without a sender name
     - Fixed GetSearchResults to match response 'keys' to latest zpushdefs.php 
     - Fixed possible memory leaks and reduced memory usage by unset()ing rtf and 
       mime decoder class instances, and various arrays
     - Removed the input parameter from the params array send to Mail_mimeDecode
       as it is already passed to the class on creation, and created and unset a
       params object to ensure that memory is cleaned up
     - Fix for special characters (",&,<,>) in user passwords
     - Added fix for Euro symbol & other non-standard cp1252 characters
     - Changes made to MoveMessage to prevent items being moved from one account to
       another, and from one folder type to another. These restrictions are to
       prevent items becoming inaccessible on the device. See comments in function
       for more information.
     - Removed username from Sync Request log entry for z-push 1.5 and later as 
       the z-push engine is already logging it
     - Fix for Categories field from HTC Desire (Android 2.2) - Phone sends an
       empty string Categories field instead of an array. The blank field caused an
       error in CreateTagRequest. Fix to check that (is_array(input->categories))
     - Fix added for iPhone/iPad/etc Meeting Request/Response handling as it appears
       that the Apple client sends off meeting requests/responses directly from the
       handset instead of letting the server handle them 
     - Fix in PROVISIONING getPolicyKey to avoid writing "validate" records in  
       database for android devices 
     - Fix in PROVISIONING generatePolicyKey to limit upper bound on random number 
       generator to 2147483647 (as some phones cannot handle larger numbers)
     - Added function ReportMemoryUsage (called on Logoff) to track memory use
     - Added new functions that are needed for ActiveSync protocol version 12
       - ImportMessageFlag - use of this required a change to request.php
       - GetSettings - used for Out-Of-Office
       - SetSettings - used for Out-Of-Office, and storing Handset data
       - Updated GetSearchResults to add mailbox search capability  

PLEASE READ THESE RELEASE NOTES COMPLETELY BEFORE IMPLEMENTING RELEASE 49
    THIS IS EXPECIALLY CRITICAL IF YOU ARE TURNING ON ANY OF THE NEW FEATURES

lytledd is offline Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post

Release 49 of the z-push zimbra backend has just been uploaded to SourceForge
    Hurray!!!

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this!

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Hi,
    I'm having a problem to configure the Samsung Galaxy (Android 2.2) using E-mail for Exchange.
    Configure the ip address of z-push server, in the logs of apache only show ip address of samsung network.

Setup: Z-Push 1.5.2, BackendZimbra R49.

Apache log:
    195.124.9.246 - - [12/May/2011:14:47:16 -0300] "\x80k\x01\x03\x01" 501 283 "-" "-"
    195.124.9.244 - - [12/May/2011:14:47:16 -0300] "\x80k\x01\x03\x01" 501 283 "-" "-"
    195.124.9.243 - - [12/May/2011:14:47:17 -0300] "\x80k\x01\x03\x01" 501 283 "-" "-"
    195.124.9.241 - - [12/May/2011:14:47:17 -0300] "\x80k\x01\x03\x01" 501 283 "-" "-"
    195.124.9.242 - - [12/May/2011:14:47:18 -0300] "\x80k\x01\x03\x01" 501 283 "-" "-"

In the Nokia E72 and E5 function perfectly.
    Does anyone have any idea?

swhitman is offline Intermediate Member

Thanks for getting release 49 out! However, I am experiencing duplicate contacts and calendar entries.

I updated from z-push 1.5 to 1.5.2 and from zimbra backend release 48 to release 49. From my android 2.2 Fascinate I checked that the original email is included with replies and forwards and it worked. I then entered a new calendar entry. At first I did not thing it worked, but it turned out it went into the google calendar (which I don't use). I deleted it and reentered it into the zimbra calendar. It worked just fine.

It was late so I put the phone on charge. The next day I noticed that the calendar program was eating up my CPU. Still had the problem after rebooting the phone. Now here I made a mistake, I did 2 things to remedy the problem. I deleted the zimbra account and I turned off the syncing of google email, contacts and calendar. One of these fixed the problem.

When I re-enter the zimbra account I get multiple duplicate entries in contacts and calendar. I have stopped the sync twice now by deleting the account.

Unless someone can think of something better to do, I would like to delete the state files in the z-push state directory associated with only my android device. I do not want to delete the other user's state information. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks,
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by swhitman View Post
    Thanks for getting release 49 out! However, I am experiencing duplicate contacts and calendar entries.
    Not sure what you managed to do - but there are no significant changes for Contacts/Calendar in Release 49 - so just updating to that version should not have caused your problem.

Did you enable SmartFolders at the same time by any chance ? The Release Notes warn very clearly about stopping all sync and resyncing every device if you enable this new option - as folder Id's change under the covers, and every synced item is linked to a containing folder id.

We do recommend (as do z-push for that matter) that you fully re-sync all devices in conjunction with any upgrade. Best practice would always be to stop devices syncing - do the upgrade then - then start devices syncing again.

I have noticed that android does not handle any hierarchy changes as well as WM and Nokia do. It seems to me the only safe way to upgrade android devices is to remove the account from them first. Then add it back after the z-push/backend update.

I am also not sure if it is safe to sync contacts with zimbra and gmail at the same time - maybe someone else knows for sure ??

However, all that won't help your current state.

Have you got duplicates on the device only - or on both the device and the server ?

If both, you will most likely have to go through them one-by-one deleting one copy of each contact/appointment. If you have two copies of a contact on zimbra, it means zimbra has created 2 records with different id's. You can check it by using the Tools->Developer->Network monitor in Google Chrome - or Firebug on Firefox. When you click on a contact/Appointment you should see a GetMsgRequest or GetApptRequest, and if you look through the Payload you should be able to find the id="nnnnn". Obviously it is easiest to do this filtering/deleting on the server where you can multi-select using the Ctrl key, rather than on the phone which would take an eternity.

If your duplicates are only on the phone - then you will likely need to remove your zimbra account from the phone which should drop all zimbra-synced appointments/contacts, then manually clear the remaining ones from the phone, and finally add back the zimbra account.

Thread Information