Page 49 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

lytledd is offline Elite Member

Default My turn?

Hey guys,

I guess it's my turn to ask for help. But first, my setup:

Phone: Sprint EVO (Android version 2.2)
    Zimbra version 7.0 OSE

Ubuntu 8.04LTS 64Bit running under VirtuaBox. The VM has 4GB of memory and 2 CPUs.

My Z-Push/Apache VM is running under Mandriva 2010.2

Z-Push is 1.51 (517)
    Zimbrabackend version 48

My z-push.conf looks like:

Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/html/z-push/index.php

My alias file is located in /etc/httpd/conf.d/z-push.conf

My web root is /var/www/html/z-push

Browsing to the active sync link, and typing my username and password, I do get the:

Z-Push - Open Source ActiveSync
    Version 1.5.1 (517)
    GET not supported

When browing from my phone, I get the same.

My config.php gleaned from this thread is:

define('ZIMBRA_URL', 'https://10.10.10.250');
    define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR', 'zimbra_user');
    define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES', true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_HTML',false);
    define('ZIMBRA_ENFORCE_VALID_EMAIL',true);

//=== Optional Zimbra Specific Debug Information ===
    define('ZIMBRA_DEBUG',true);

All the files are owned by apache.

I'm using HTTPS for z-push and have a port forward on the firewall that send that port over to the z-push VM. Both the Zimbra and z-push VMs are on the same network in the DMZ with no firewall enabled on either

Everything syncs but mail. I've created a test profile, test@pf01.com, when adding to the calendar or contacts, things show up on my EVO, when sending a test message from another account (In Seamonkey), and while viewing the debug.txt, it sees the new mail, but seem to just get into a loop, the phone sits there with the syncing animation, until I tell it to stop. I can send mail from my EVO and everything works, but if I browse to the sent folder, the loop in the debug.txt starts all over again.

I see no errors in the debug.txt,

If I delete the mail from the web portal, things settle down.

Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

There are a couple of things I would suggest.

We have not done a full set of tests against 7.0 as yet - though I am not aware of any SOAP message changes, so I would expect it to work.

The EVO android client (and possibly HTC android client in general) seems to have issues. I have seen reports against the official zimbra mobile thread regarding it. My last post also concerned a HTC specific issue that I found and was able to address.

1. Do you have access to another handset that you can use to ensure that your basic functionality is working other than with the HTC phone.

2. Are there debug logs you can turn on on the phone itself. If you are seeing the POOMMAIL records going out from the server to the phone, then you need phone logs to pinpoint why the phone is rejecting the emails. I do not have access to one of those phones to test with.
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 02-28-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    There are a couple of things I would suggest.

We have not done a full set of tests against 7.0 as yet - though I am not aware of any SOAP message changes, so I would expect it to work.
    I was having the same issues under 6.10

The EVO android client (and possibly HTC android client in general) seems to have issues. I have seen reports against the official zimbra mobile thread regarding it. My last post also concerned a HTC specific issue that I found and was able to address.
    I applied those changes as well, thank you.

1. Do you have access to another handset that you can use to ensure that your basic functionality is working other than with the HTC phone.
    I'm working on finding an IPhone

2. Are there debug logs you can turn on on the phone itself.

Not that I'm able to find.

If you are seeing the POOMMAIL records going out from the server
    I'll have to turn debugging back on and report back.

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Just an update:

After 2 days of help from liverpoolfcfan, I've decided to move from Mandriva to CentOS. And, things just worked out of the box.

I'll do some further digging to see if I can find the differences, this upcoming weekend.

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

John Siu is offline Loyal Member

Default Double calendar event and double calendar email

We just start trying Zimbra with zimbrabackend, email and calendar sync seems working but with a very annoying side effect.

• Sending out calendar invite from iPhone, invitee will receive 2 email invite in their mailbox and event will show up in their zimbra calendar 2 times.
    • Accepting calendar invite with an iPhone will create a additional event in iPhone calendar (Zimbra web interface calendar not affected), and 2 reply emails (when choosing accept/decline/tentative) are sent back to organizer.

iPhone model : 3G, 4 with iOS 4.2.1
    Zimbra 7
    zimbrabackend define:
    Code:
    	define('PROVISIONING', false);
    	define('LOOSE_PROVISIONING', false);
    	define('SYNC_CONFLICT_DEFAULT', SYNC_CONFLICT_OVERWRITE_PIM);
    	define('ZIMBRA_URL','http://localhost:50080');
    	define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES',true);
    	define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);
    	define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);
    	define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);
    	define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);
    	define('ZIMBRA_HTML',true);
    	define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR','zimbrausers');
    	define('ZIMBRA_DEBUG',true);
    Hope someone can help.
    Last edited by John Siu; 03-07-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Siu View Post
    • Sending out calendar invite from iPhone, invitee will receive 2 email invite in their mailbox and event will show up in their zimbra calendar 2 times.
    • Accepting calendar invite with an iPhone will create a additional event in iPhone calendar (Zimbra web interface calendar not affected), and 2 reply emails (when choosing accept/decline/tentative) are sent back to organizer.
    Thanks for the feedback - as I have mentioned many times before I have no access to an iPhone for testing - so I have no idea when things don't work unless I get feedback.

You are obviously using Release 48 - as the handling of attendees was added in this.

Can you please do a test for me, and provide detailed results.

Starting at line 3380 - there is a section for //email attendees

Code:
                    // email attendees
                    //attendees
                    if(isset($input->attendees)) {
                        foreach($input->attendees as $attendee) {
                            $soap .= '<e a="'.$attendee->email.'"
                                         p="'.$attendee->name.'" t="t" />';

}
                    }
                    // email originator
    Please add an if () { ...} block around the code so that it will not be included for iPhones/iPods/iPads as I will assume until told otherwise they all behave the same way. So for a test I want to look for "Apple" in the User-Agent string - and skip sending invites if it is found.

The modified code should look like this

Code:
                    // email attendees
                    //attendees
    if (stripos($GLOBALS['useragent'], "Apple") !== false) {
     debugLog( "Creating Appointment: Apple client - so do NOT send invites from zimbra - Phone should them directly");
    } else {
                    if(isset($input->attendees)) {
                        foreach($input->attendees as $attendee) {
                            $soap .= '<e a="'.$attendee->email.'"
                                         p="'.$attendee->name.'" t="t" />';

}
                    }
    }
                    // email originator
    NOTE: Make sure you don't miss the closing "}" on the line before "// email originator"

Do you know if you have any issue with the meeting organizer/originator ?

If so - we might want to move the closing "}" down another 10 lines so that it appears on the line immediately before "// subject"

Please test and report back.

EDIT: Also - can you do some further tests for me. When you create an appointment on the iPhone, it sends out 2 invites to the attendees. What happens if you then update that appointment on the iPhone too. Does it also send out 2 updates per attendee ? After making the above change and modifying an appointment, are your attendees getting one or zero updates. Thanks.
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 03-08-2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Add additional test request

liverpoolfcfan, thank you for quick reply.

Following is my test result:.

"}" above "//email originator"
    (1)Invite from zimbra web user, receive with iPhone:
    iPhone get 1 event with html note
    iPhone 1st replying (accept/maybe/decline), originator get 2 emails
    iPhone subsequent change (accept/maybe/decline), originator will get 1 email
    (2)Invite from iPhone
    Invitee get 1 email
    iPhone update availability status (Busy/Free/Tentative/Out of Office), invitee does not get email. But if iPhone originator is added into invitee, other invitee will see updated originator status in Zimbra appointment edit window.
    "}" above "//subject"
    (3)Invite from zimbra web user, receive with iPhone:
    iPhone get 2 event invites, one with html note, one with no notes
    iPhone 1st reply event to any of them, originator get 2 emails
    iPhone subsquent reply/change to any of them, originator get 1 email
    (4)Invite from iPhone - same result as (2)
    Invitee get 1 email
    iPhone update availability status (Busy/Free/Tentative/Out of Office), invitee does not get email. But if iPhone originator is added into invitee, other invitee will see updated originator status in Zimbra appointment edit window.
    Do you know if you have any issue with the meeting organizer/originator ?
    What kind of issue should I be looking at?
    EDIT: Also - can you do some further tests for me. When you create an appointment on the iPhone, it sends out 2 invites to the attendees. What happens if you then update that appointment on the iPhone too. Does it also send out 2 updates per attendee ? After making the above change and modifying an appointment, are your attendees getting one or zero updates. Thanks.
    Are (2) and (4) the correct test for this one?

Can we look at one thing at a time, please. Your original email mentioned nothing about originating meetings from zimbra web client. Can we concentrate on the iPhone originating scenario.

For the two placements of the end bracket mentioned above, can you try the following 2 tests.

1. User1 creates an appointment on their iPhone, inviting 1 other person - User2 (ideally that person has an iPhone too)

(a) How many emails does User2 receive ?

(b) Can they reply from the Web Client ? Do you get back an Accept/Reject as expected.

(c) Are calendars updated correctly ?

2. User1 modifies the same appointment from their iPhone - moving it 1 hour.

(b) Can they reply from the Web Client ? Do you get back an Accept/Reject as expected.

Then, if User2 has an iPhone, please repeat the above set of tests but this time using the iPhone for steps (b) instead of the web client.

Thanks

Hi liverpoolfcfan,

1. User1 creates an appointment on their iPhone, inviting 1 other person - User2 (ideally that person has an iPhone too)

User2 get 1 email

"}" above "//subject"

User2 get 1 email

Yes, User2 can Accept/Tentative/Decline from web client, User1 will receive 1 email show as html code in iPhone.

"}" above "//subject"

Yes, User2 can Accept/Tentative/Decline from web client, User1 will receive 1 email show as html code in iPhone.

Yes for both User1 and User2

"}" above "//subject"

Yes for both User1 and User2

2. User1 modifies the same appointment from their iPhone - moving it 1 hour.

User2 get 1 email

"}" above "//subject"

User2 get 1 email

"}" above "//subject"

Yes, User1 iPhone calendar and User2 web client calendar both update correctly.

"}" above "//subject"

Yes, User1 iPhone calendar and User2 web client calendar both update correctly.

Then, if User2 has an iPhone, please repeat the above set of tests but this time using the iPhone for steps (b) instead of the web client.
    Currently I only have 1 iPhone, but may get one latter today to try this.

PS: In my original email:
    Sending out calendar invite from iPhone, invitee will receive 2 email invite in their mailbox and event will show up in their zimbra calendar 2 times.
    Seems we are eliminating the above, but I still need to test with User2 using iPhone.
    Accepting calendar invite with an iPhone will create a additional event in iPhone calendar (Zimbra web interface calendar not affected), and 2 reply emails (when choosing accept/decline/tentative) are sent back to organizer.
    For this part, calendar invite is from Zimbra web client.

Quote Originally Posted by John Siu View Post
    Seems we are eliminating the above, but I still need to test with User2 using iPhone.
    Excellent. Good progress.

For this part, calendar invite is from Zimbra web client.
    For the 2 items in the iPhone calendar, I am not sure what we can do. But, it may be an issue with losing the original ID that the iPhone used - thus when we send out an update, the phone does not realise it is the same appointment, so it creates a second one.

First, lets look at the 2 replies to the originator.

Find the function MeetingResponse

Half way down, you should find the following
    Code:
            // Setting updateOrganizer to 0 - as the phone will already have sent off an email to the organizer as far as I can tell.
            $soap = '<SendInviteReplyRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" id="'.$requestid.'" compNum="0" verb="'.$verb.'" updateOrganizer="1"/>';
    Please replace with

Code:
    if (stripos($GLOBALS['useragent'], "Apple") !== false) {
    debugLog( "MeetingResponse:  Setting updateOrganizer to 0 for iPhone - as the phone will already have sent off an email to the organizer as far as I can tell." );
            $soap = '<SendInviteReplyRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" id="'.$requestid.'" compNum="0" verb="'.$verb.'" updateOrganizer="0"/>';

} else {

// Setting updateOrganizer to 1 - as the phone will not already have sent off an email to the organizer as far as I can tell.
            $soap = '<SendInviteReplyRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" id="'.$requestid.'" compNum="0" verb="'.$verb.'" updateOrganizer="1"/>';
    }
    which will hopefully eliminate the extra confirmation back to the originator.

Page 49 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread Information