Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdiaz View Post
    Can I do a global xml? I have arround ~3000 users, and make one xlm for each is a little complex. I want to restrict the mail access for all the users.

Thank you all guys!!
    That's a lot of users.

You will need to test this z-push/zimbra server setup thoroughly, and monitor it very carefully as that would be a huge amount of users to add sync capabilities for. How many do you think will actually use it ?

That said, you could potentially make a small hack to the script and I think it would do what you want (I am not in a position to test it right now)

You would of course have to re-add the hack any time you updated the script or you would lose your restrictions.

If you set up a single user.XML file according to the instructions called allusers.xml, and put the appropriate restrictions in there.

Make sure that

there is just one zimbrabackenduser and it has user="allusers"
    there is just one profile configured in the file and it has id=""
    the values of sendasname="" sendasemail="" timezone="" are all left at null as shown in the zimbra.php notes section.

Then near the start of the Setup() function (I can't specify line numbers as I don't know which Release of the script you have), you will find 3 lines
    Code:
            // Load User File (if exists)
            $contents = array(); $user = array();
            $user_file = BASE_PATH . $this->_userDir . "/" . $this->_uid . '.xml';
    if you add another line just above these to set
    Code:
    $this->_uid = "allusers";
    then for every user connecting, it should open the same XML file, and apply the same restrictions.

fdiaz is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    That's a lot of users.

You will need to test this z-push/zimbra server setup thoroughly, and monitor it very carefully as that would be a huge amount of users to add sync capabilities for. How many do you think will actually use it ?

That said, you could potentially make a small hack to the script and I think it would do what you want (I am not in a position to test it right now)

You would of course have to re-add the hack any time you updated the script or you would lose your restrictions.

If you set up a single user.XML file according to the instructions called allusers.xml, and put the appropriate restrictions in there.

Make sure that

there is just one zimbrabackenduser and it has user="allusers"
    there is just one profile configured in the file and it has id=""
    the values of sendasname="" sendasemail="" timezone="" are all left at null as shown in the zimbra.php notes section.

Then near the start of the Setup() function (I can't specify line numbers as I don't know which Release of the script you have), you will find 3 lines
    Code:
            // Load User File (if exists)
            $contents = array(); $user = array();
            $user_file = BASE_PATH . $this->_userDir . "/" . $this->_uid . '.xml';
    if you add another line just above these to set
    Code:
    $this->_uid = "allusers";
    then for every user connecting, it should open the same XML file, and apply the same restrictions.
    I really appreciate your help!

I think at least 1500 users will use this service, that's why I just want sync contacts and calendar. I allready have an imap/smpt server so mail sync is unnecesary.

I will do some performance tests, thank you again!

Default Z-Push Zimbra Backend Release 48 uploaded to SourceForge

Release 48 of the z-push zimbra backend has just been uploaded to SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbrabackend/)

Here is a summary of the changes.
    Code:
    Changes Made To Revision 48:

- Critical fix for v5 compatability fix. LookupV5Timezone missing the 
       $this->  pointer, so calls to the function caused crash in backend.
     - Fix typo in name of v5timezone.xml file
     - Added more error handling/logging around zimbra 5 compatability code, and 
       updated the v5 compatability notes
     - Change to ExtractSessionID to return session for zimbra 5 
     - Change AlterPing to always return false for zimbra 5 as i4ms flag used by 
       AlterPingChanges does not exist on zimbra 5. Old folder ping method must
       be used
     - Fix in GetZimbraFolders to check for a folder identifier (l) before adding 
       the folder to the folder list. This is to avoid including any folders from
       the notify block in the soap response
     - Moved setting of _wasteID out of GetFolder and into Setup as GetFolder is 
       only called on FolderSync - not on every sync - so it ended up being null 
       more often than not
     - Fix in GetMessage to not create another meeting request out of a meeting 
       acceptance email
     - Fix in CreateMeetingRequest to add invitees to the meeting if they are 
       provided, and to send out meeting invitations to the email addresses
       specified (Android sends them - Nokia/WM don't - Not sure about iPhone)
     - In function GetBody added html_entity_decode and preg_replace for duplicate
       blank lines to make plain text output more readable when there is no 
       text/plain body part in the message 
     - Added option to define ZIMBRA_DEBUG as 'user1' or 'user1,user2,userN' to 
       enable zimbra soap debug messages for just the listed accounts. Defining
       it as true/false will continue to work as before
     - Moved PROVISIONING: getDeviceRWStatus log message so it only logs for 
       unrecognised devices or those that have had a device wipe requested
    Happy Christmas/Happy Holidays to all

eleith is offline Active Member

i can confirm that the open source beta of helix works with a minimal z-push+zimbra backend install (turned off provisioning, version 48).

i have a few questions on how to approach customizing z-push for my needs.

1. where/how are tasks synchronized with android? or is this only with iphones.
    2. how can i tell z-push not to sync email. i'm happy with imap on k-9 in android, and only want contacts/tasks/calendar to be synced.

i saw an optional user.xml file that can be used with the zimbra backend, but i would rather just turn off email sync for all users, without specifying user.xml files for each user.

thanks to all those who worked on z-push!

fdiaz is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by eleith View Post
    i can confirm that the open source beta of helix works with a minimal z-push+zimbra backend install (turned off provisioning, version 48).

i have a few questions on how to approach customizing z-push for my needs.

1. where/how are tasks synchronized with android? or is this only with iphones.
    2. how can i tell z-push not to sync email. i'm happy with imap on k-9 in android, and only want contacts/tasks/calendar to be synced.

i saw an optional user.xml file that can be used with the zimbra backend, but i would rather just turn off email sync for all users, without specifying user.xml files for each user.

thanks to all those who worked on z-push!

eleith, just look fa ew posts ago what liverpoolfcfan answered me! Is what you need...

Thanks. You beat me to it. I just got a server mostly installed on Friday and was planning to do some testing next week.

eleith is offline Active Member

latest zimbra backend (v 48) works with z-push (1.5RC). syncing calendars/contacts/email, editing on phone all works.

unfortunately android doesn't sync tasks, so be prepared. also, if you have multiple calendars, they all show up as one calendar. you can select your default calendar if you use a user.xml file though.

overall, this is a good stop gap solution.

still, i can't wait till the day caldav and carddav are more widely supported...

latest zimbra backend (v 48) works with z-push (1.5RC). syncing calendars/contacts/email, editing on phone all works.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I have been doing some testing too in anticipation of 1.5 getting released over the next few days.

unfortunately android doesn't sync tasks, so be prepared.
    Go here and add your voice to the campaign
    Issue 5317 - android - Support for Tasks in Corporate Exchange Sync - Project Hosting on Google Code

also, if you have multiple calendars, they all show up as one calendar. you can select your default calendar if you use a user.xml file though.
    I have tried adding a calendar sync profiles to sync with just one calendar - but the baseline Android 2.2 Email Application appears to only store one "Corporate Email" account so it ends up overwriting the email profile

marshall is offline Member

This looks like an awesome piece of software and my users are very stoked about it. However, I can't seem to get it working. I'm getting the following soap error when I navigate to the /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync dir:

Code:
    </Trace></Error></soap:Detail></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
    01/12/11 03:06:57 [29561] ERROR: service.PARSE_ERROR: <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><soap:Code><soap:Value>soap:Sender</soap:Value></soap:Code><soap:Reason><soap:Text>parse error: Error on line 8 of document  : The reference to entity "td" must end with the ';' delimiter. Nested exception: The reference to entity "td" must end with the ';' delimiter.</soap:Text></soap:Reason><soap:Detail><Error xmlns="urn:zimbra"><Code>service.PARSE_ERROR</Code><Trace>com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: parse error: Error on line 8 of document  : The reference to entity "td" must end with the ';' delimiter. Nested exception: The reference to entity "td" must end with the ';' delimiter.
    ExceptionId:btpool0-35://mail.foo.com:8889/service/soap:1294826817418:da78c87556cce105
    Code:service.PARSE_ERROR
            at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.PARSE_ERROR(ServiceException.java:266)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:153)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:291)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:212)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:181)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:155)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:939)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:413)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)
    Caused by: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 8 of document  : The reference to entity "td" must end with the ';' delimiter. Nested exception: The reference to entity "td" must end with the ';' delimiter.
            at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:350)
            at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:264)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.Element.parseXML(Element.java:415)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.Element.parseXML(Element.java:413)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:147)
            ... 32 more
    </Trace></Error></soap:Detail></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
    01/12/11 03:06:57 [29561] END Logon { connected = false }
    01/12/11 03:06:57 [29561] Access denied: backend logon failed.
    01/12/11 03:06:57 [29561] end
    01/12/11 03:06:57 [29561] --------
    Any idea what might cause that?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    This looks like an awesome piece of software and my users are very stoked about it. However, I can't seem to get it working. I'm getting the following soap error when I navigate to the /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync dir:
    You would need to give much more detail of your setup in order to diagnose the issue.
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 01-12-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: re-read post about issue, and needed to change response

Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread Information