Page 34 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

speedy3k is offline Intermediate Member

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    I did manage to set this up late on Friday and test for a little while. And - as you noted it does manage to do the backend stuff OK. The reason is not that Quercus now handles Soap - it is that the backend no longer uses SoapClient at all. It uses Curl to send the soap requests to the server.

I could get it to sync Contacts and Tasks - but not Mail or Appointments.

It appears to me it might be running out of memory or something similar - not quite sure what. It simply seems to stop synching and throws an error on the phone side. Will try to take another look at it this week if I can.
    yeah, its a little weird. even gal lookups seems to work. just no mail or appointments.

gtr33m is offline Loyal Member

I'm interested in setting the zimbrabackend up, but I can't seem to download any files from Z-Push Zimbra Backend | Download Z-Push Zimbra Backend software for free at SourceForge.net

There just doesn't seem to be any files there.
    Mark Hawkins

Medalist

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by gtr33m View Post
    I'm interested in setting the zimbrabackend up, but I can't seem to download any files from Z-Push Zimbra Backend | Download Z-Push Zimbra Backend software for free at SourceForge.net

There just doesn't seem to be any files there.
    The files are there. They are just in SVN.

I have copied the latest release to the main files section now too.

gtr33m is offline Loyal Member

Thanks, I didn't think of svn.

To save a lazy guy (me) reading through 34 pages of posts, is there a wiki with setup instructions? I've got instructions for setting up z-push and I found a quick and dirty set of instructions for the backend, but they are very basic and rather old, and I assume there are some changes if it's now up to revision 42.
    Mark Hawkins

Medalist

Open the file in a text editor.

If you have z-push setup, the additional zimbra backend instructions are in notes at the top of the file.

I was in the process of figuring out how to use the files section of the sourceforge site over the past couple of days. So, it is a coincidence you wrote this morning. I am looking into adding a separate release notes file up there soon - but in the meantime you should find what you need in the file itself.

Basically, copy zimbra.php to the backend folder of z-push, and make the appropriate changes to config.php

Default Release 45 uploaded to sourceforge

I just uploaded Release 45 of the backend to sourceforge. This release adds support of the provisioning - remote wipe - functionality.

Files are uploaded to the Files section of sourceforge now - you no longer have to use SVN

Code:
    ==============  Z-Push Zimbra Backend - Release Notes - Revision 45 ==============

Changes Made To Revision 45:

- Implemented the provisioning "Remote Device Wipe" functionality. This needs a
       MYSQL database to work. To disable it, set PROVISIONING to false in config.php
     - Sync Device Categories with Server Tags (requirement for zimbra 7)
     - Removed html="1" from GetMsgRequest calls in StatMessage to reduce data returned 
     - Fixed getBody to compare on passed $html variable instead of $this->_useHTML 
     - Added comments & Reduced logging in AlterPingChanges 

Provisioning "Remote Device Wipe"
    =================================

The major enhancement introduced by Revision 45 is the implementation of the basic
    provisioning functionality - Remote Wipe. This functionality allows for sending a
    request to a sync'ing device to factory-reset itself thus clearing it of all
    sensitive corporate/personal sensitive information. When I say all - I mean all.
    It makes no difference where the data came from or how it got loaded on the device.
    If it was not there when the phone came out of the box it will not be there after
    the remote wipe has completed. 

You can choose whether you enable this functionality or not in your deployment by
    following these instructions.

To Use The Zimbra Backend Without Provisioning Support
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If you wish to continue to use the zimbra backend without the provisioning support
    simply edit the config.php file and ensure that you have

define('PROVISIONING', false);

If PROVISIONING is false, none of the new provisioning functions will be called by
    the z-push server - and sync'ing will continue as with previous releases.

To Use The Zimbra Backend With Provisioning Support
    ---------------------------------------------------

In order to use the remote wipe functionality it is necessary to configure a MYSQL 
    database to store the details of sync'ing devices prior to putting Release 45 into
    production. 

If you wish to use the provisioning support - download the file 
    zpush-zimbra-provisioning.tgz from https://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbrabackend/
    web site, and follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. Once the database is
    ready, copy the zimbradb.php include to the z-push/backend folder (the same
    location as the zimbra.php file) and edit the config.php file to make sure to 

define('PROVISIONING', true);

If PROVISIONING is false, the z-push server will call the new provisioning 
    functions before it will allow a device to sync. 

The zimbra-provisioning.tgz file contains a set of php files that implement a
    basic management console for monitoring sync'ing, and for wiping devices.

Sync Device Categories with Server Tags
    =======================================
    The other significant functionality change in this release is to Sync Device
    Categories with Server Tags. This is listed as a requirement for zimbra 7. This
    is a chhange from previous functionality where Categoreis from the device were
    ignored, and folder names for contacts were pushed to the device as Categories.

There is a workaround for anyone wishing to still have Categories on the device
    identify the server folder for a contact. That is to create Tags on the server
    with the same names as each of your existing contact folders - and then apply 
    the appropriate tag to each of the contacts in each of the folders.

leochan72 is offline Starter Member

Help please.

I installed Revision 45, the contact and calendar are working. However, I can see mail but no push if new email received.

I checked the log and found below:
    ] /var/www/z-push/backend/zimbra.php:4495 date_default_timezone_set() [<a href='function.date-default-timezone-set'>function.date-default-timezone-set</a>]: Timezone ID '(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US &amp; Canada)' is invalid (8)

Is our timezone not correct? And how to fix it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by leochan72 View Post
    Help please.

I installed Revision 45, the contact and calendar are working. However, I can see mail but no push if new email received.
    Is our timezone not correct? And how to fix it? Thanks.
    No - your're timezone is not correct.

The instructions at the top of the file explains where to find timezone information ...

Code:
    * Timezones     :   To handle the situation where a user is not in the same timezone as the zimbra server
    *                   whether just roaming, or on a permanent basis, the user can specify their current 
    *                   timezone in the domain field when setting up the account (see also profile identifier
    *                   above). Refer to the php timezones list (http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php)
    *                   Specify the preferred timezone in the domain field using @Region/City. 
    *                   Note: If used in conjunction with the profile identifier, specify the combined
    *                   information as profileId@Region/City
    Regardless of whether you want to use a roaming timezone - or just your default one from config.php - the PHP definition for a timezone is the same - and you need to use one from the list on the referenced pages.

Based on the fact you list Pacific, you will need the Americas page

PHP: America - Manual

Pick your closest big city and use that. You should end up with something like

America/Los_Angeles

for your timezone.

That is the second part of your question answered. Based on the fact you had the timezone setting wrong, it is possible you did not get calendar appointments sync'ed correctly. I would recommend you do a full resync - or at least unsync your calendar, and resync that once you have corrected the setting.

That being said, the timezone does not affect the pushing of emails.

For the email push - what phone are you using?

Is it set for sync "as email arrives" - or perhaps set for "manual" - or is it perhaps outside of the hours of day when push is on ?

Have you subscribed to the folders you want to monitor ?
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 09-23-2010 at 03:57 PM.

leochan72 is offline Starter Member

Thanks for your quick response.

I am using iPhone (the 1st generation) and OS is 3.1.3.
    I set the email account to use "Push". Don't know why.

Thanks again for your reply.

Here's a blog link I found that talks about activeSync on the iPhone. Might be worth a look.

The iPhone Exchange ActiveSync Guide – Stephen Foskett, Pack Rat

I don't have an iPhone - but use both an HTC WM device and a Nokia with no problems.

Page 34 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread Information