Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

blabub is offline Member

Code:
    $ cat /var/www/zpush/config.php 
    <?php
    /***********************************************
    * File      :   config.php
    * Project   :   Z-Push
    * Descr     :   Main configuration file
    * Created   :   01.10.2007
    * � Zarafa Deutschland GmbH, www.zarafaserver.de
    * This file is distributed under GPL v2.
    * Consult LICENSE file for details
    ************************************************/
    define('ZIMBRA_URL', 'http://mail.quantum-bytes.com:81');
    define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR', 'zimbra');
    define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES', true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_HTML',false);
    Code:
    $ cat /var/www/zpush/zimbra/a4xxxf4-694e-4d40-b99f-ee77bfb1b382.xml 
    <zimbrabackend user="xxxx" usehtml="false" sendasname="" sendasemail="">
    <message active="true">
     <include name="Inbox" recursive="true">
    </message>
    <contact active="true" virtual="false">
     <primary name="Contacts"/>
     <include name="Contacts" recursive="true" />
    </contact>
    <appointment active="true" virtual="false">
     <primary name="Calendar"/>
     <include name="Calendar" recursive="true" />
    </appointment>
    <task active="false" virtual="false" />
    </zimbrabackend>
    Thats my configuration.

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    Are you using the XML configuration file - if so - can you post your current XML so we can see what is configured.
    You should be able to post it if you wrap CODE tags around it.

First thing I notice is you named the file for your Zimbra internal ID. It should be named for your userid (that you use to logon). For example - michaelj.xml

Try renaming it, and then do a full resync - OR - better yet, delete your server profile from your device and re-create it.

blabub is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    You should be able to post it if you wrap CODE tags around it.

First thing I notice is you named the file for your Zimbra internal ID. It should be named for your userid (that you use to logon). For example - michaelj.xml

Try renaming it, and then do a full resync - OR - better yet, delete your server profile from your device and re-create it.
    Renamed it to name.surename.xml. Still the same problem (deleted the exchange account on the phone):

Bash | mail:/var/www/zpush# tail -f d - Anonymous - KyUdiasg - Pastebin.com

PS: When I post with code tags, I'm redirected to the forum but my post is not there.

liverpoolfcfan is offline Outstanding Member

Quote Originally Posted by blabub View Post
    Renamed it to name.surename.xml. Still the same problem (deleted the exchange account on the phone):
    Well - at least from your log we can see it is now being loaded.

Code:
    19.05/26/10 00:21:45 [5449] /var/www/zpush/backend/zimbra.php:282 Undefined index:  sendAsName (8)
    20.05/26/10 00:21:45 [5449] /var/www/zpush/backend/zimbra.php:286 Undefined index:  sendAsEmail (8)
    These two lines are as a result of not having values for those two variables - but that is correct for now.

I suspect the problem is the date formatting.

If you see the Calendar Search Request at lines 59-61

Code:
    59.                            <soap:Body><SearchRequest types="appointment" xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" limit="100" offset="0">
    60.                                                                <query>inid:"10" AND appt-start:&gt;=05/12/2010</query>
    61.                                                        </SearchRequest></soap:Body>
    The query line should look like this in real life

Code:
    inid:"10" AND appt-start:>=05/12/2010
    and if you are in a European country - this means you are only searching for Appointments from December 5th onwards.

Open the Calendar Tab of your Web Client, and paste this search into the search bar, and you will see all appointments this week disappear.

Check if you have any appointments sync'ed after this date.

gnosbush is offline Active Member

I suspect the problem is the date formatting.

If you see the Calendar Search Request at lines 59-61

Code:
    59.                            <soap:Body><SearchRequest types="appointment" xmlns="urn:zimbraMail" limit="100" offset="0">
    60.                                                                <query>inid:"10" AND appt-start:&gt;=05/12/2010</query>
    61.                                                        </SearchRequest></soap:Body>
    The query line should look like this in real life

Code:
    inid:"10" AND appt-start:>=05/12/2010
    and if you are in a European country - this means you are only searching for Appointments from December 5th onwards.
    Is Zimbra interpreting this as December 5 instead of May 12? This format works with my copy of Zimbra (I am in the US). This was a change in the last revision of the script as using the UNIX timestamp wasn't working. This problem wasn't noticed until I added support for shared (linked) folders which started a chain reaction. I had to change how contacts were pulled, which in turn limited how many contacts were downloaded. To fix this, I added looping which checks for more mail, contacts, etc and this is where I learned the cutoff dates weren't working as my device pulled everything due to the looping.

Does anyone know of a universal date format that will work from country to country? I suppose I could make this an option in the config file but would prefer not to.

I may have come up with a solution to the date format problem. For those having trouble, please download revision 36 and give it a try. If it still doesn't work, do a search and replace in the script replacing 'en_US' with 'en-US' (there was some contradiction in the docs so I'm not quite sure which is correct and who knows, maybe both are acceptable). I learned that the date format used is based off the user's locale which Zimbra typically determines from the browser. I added a locale tag however to the soap requests that deal with a date telling Zimbra to use a US locale. I'm thinking then that the date format (which is formatted for the US) will work regardless of the user's locale. However, I need a couple people outside of the US locale to test this. Please download it and let me know what you find.

blabub is offline Member

Added an appointment for december 10. But is not synced, but my phone says now:

Sync is experiencing problems. And a ! is diplayed in front of the calendar sync symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by blabub View Post
    Sync is experiencing problems. And a ! is diplayed in front of the calendar sync symbol.
    Can you provide your debug.txt log?

skug67 is offline New Member

Default Timezone issue

I'm syncing my Palm Pre w/Zimbra via z-push. My server and my handset are both using Eastern time (GMT-5:00). When I set up a weekly recurring event that starts at or after 8:00 pm, when it syncs the first entry shows up on the correct day but all subsequent entries show up one day earlier in the week (i.e., if I want something to happen every Tuesday, the 2nd and later entries show up on Monday). This happens in both directions -- if I create the entry on the server-side (via the web interface) then my phone shows later entries on the wrong day. If I create it on the phone, then it is the server/web interface that shows the wrong day.

I'm assuming that this has something to do with the zimbra backend for z-push translating things into UTC and crossing over midnight but not realizing what that does to the day of the week. Unfortunately, I'm not a good enough hacker to figure out what needs to be changed......

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome (especially, since I do actually have a recurring appointment at 8 pm every week....).

Thanks,

Seth Green

inaut is offline Intermediate Member

Do you have invitations on some of your appointments?
    I get the same error on my Android Phone if I create an appointment with invataions. If I create the appointment - sync to phone - create invitations - sync to phone - it works...

Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread Information