Thread: My migration from GroupWise - any suggestions?

stuartg.orion is offline Senior Member

Default My migration from GroupWise - any suggestions?

I am beginning to plan a migration from GroupWise to Zimbra. Most of the migration of 200 users around the world will be done by me so the migration period may not be quick. My plan is to run GroupWise and Zimbra together in a split domain for the period of the migration. ie both Zimbra and GroupWise will be authoritative for the same domain.

I will split the domain by first having a frontend sendmail routing external emails to the relevant mail server for the user.

Zimbra's postfix will be configured to route messages for GroupWise users to GroupWise using the information from the Zimbra Wiki split domain page.

The remaining problem is getting GroupWise to send messages to Zimbra users on the same domain which I can't see an easy answer too. So what I'm looking at doing is using fetchmail, configured with the zmfetchercfg script from here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...gregation.html (thanks marcmac), to copy mail from GroupWise's IMAP interface to Zimbra. Each user will have an entry in the Zimbra server's cron to transfer messages regularly.

So does anyone have better ways of doing this? Suggestions or Advise?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

cheers

Stuart

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you read the article in the wiki on split domain? I'd suggest you review that to achieve what you want.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Bill, Yeah I have read that, to me it doesn't appear to address the internal mail issue though. It definitely helps with solutions to how we route mail coming from the internet to the two systems. But what about when a GroupWise user sends mail to another local user who happens to be on the Zimbra server.

How do I get GroupWise to send mail which it thinks it is authoritative for, to another email server? SMTP seems like an addon to GroupWise and doesn't factor in if the server thinks the mail should be local so there's no way of adding SMTP rewrites.

So this is where the fetchmail idea came from. Although since I posted, I thought maybe I can overwrite every GroupWise user's preferred Internet domain which is usually set as the system default and then tell the GroupWise server it is no longer authoritative.

Ok so GroupWise doesn't allow me to assign an address to a user that the system isn't authoritative for. So back to the fetchmail plan

LinkBacks (?)

1. 10-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Thread Information