Thread: List shows incorrect recipient in sent items after imap transfer

Mossop is offline Starter Member

Unhappy List shows incorrect recipient in sent items after imap transfer

I have copied a number of my old sent items into Zimbra's sent folder using thunderbird with imap. Logging into Zimbra I can see all the mails in the sent folder however in the message list the to address is listed as my name. Selecting one of the messages shows that it still has the correct recipient listed in the To header. Even more strangely if I hover over my name in the list, the popup that appears shows the correct recipient.

Additionally the mails don't look like sent messages, they look like normal read messages.

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Mossop

Mossop is offline Starter Member

I should add that if I send a message with Thunderbird (that automatically copies the sent message to the sent folder) then that message does appear correctly. Sending messages within zimbra obviously also work. It's just these ones that I copied on manually that don't.

aeapra is offline Junior Member

Although the thread is three years old, I stumbled upon this thread as I have noticed the same behavior, but only for some accounts. I’ve found the problem in my case and a solution working for me:

Your primary mail address is givenname.surname@domain.de and you have an alias (in my case not configured on Zimbra) like surname@domain.de . If your IMAP client is configured with the alias, the recipient listed in the “To” header (and written to the metadata field in the mail_item table) is set to the sender, not to the recipient. If you change the mail address in the IMAP client to the primary mail address known to Zimbra, everything works fine.

Thread Information