Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PST Import Issues

chronate is offline Starter Member

Default PST Import Issues

I'm currently working on migrating 150+ users to Zimbra (Open Source), and I've got an odd problem that is just driving me up the wall. It seems that after I import the user's PST, and then add the IMAP account to Outlook, most of the messages are somewhat garbled. However, this is ONLY an issue when viewing the message from within Outlook (messages are not garbled in Thunderbird or Webmail) --and it happens on plain, rtf, and html messages.

For example:

(OUTLOOK)
    To attend the Liberty-Eylau =st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Independent School District and the Texarkana Independent School District job fairs, you must have an =mployment application on file. (May be completed online.) You must =egister to attend Liberty-Eylau’s job fair by contacting Amy Carlton at =903) 832-1535. The Texas A&M University Job Fair requires no pre-registration. =lease monitor TISD’s web site for registration info. =o>

(THUNDERBIRD/WEBMAIL)
    To attend the Liberty-Eylau Independent School District and the Texarkana Independent School District job fairs, you must have an employment application on file. (May be completed online.) You must register to attend Liberty-Eylau’s job fair by contacting Amy Carlton at (903) 832-1535. The Texas A&M University Job Fair requires no pre-registration. Please monitor TISD’s web site for registration info.

Any ideas?

sam
    sam is offline Zimbra Employee

What version of outlook are you using when viewing the messages with imap? Attach the mime of one of these messages to this post. You can get the mime by logging in to the web client, right clicking on the message and selecting 'Show Original'
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

chronate is offline Starter Member

I'm pretty sure that it's happening across multiple versions of Outlook, but I can't confirm that until I'm back at the office tomorrow. However, I can confirm that it's happening on Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606)

Here's the Mime of one of the messages. The text is showing up in outlook as:

<quote>
    We =ave been
    <![endif]>
    Attached Files Attached Files

sam

You'll need to call MS on this one. The outlook MIME converter has issues with messages that are quoted-printable encoded and use LF instead of CRLF. We implemented a workaround to bypass this issue in our Outlook connector.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

wesbaker is offline Junior Member

Question Does it work?

You provide a conversion tool. You are aware that Outlook requires the crlf. But the tool strips the cr and only puts the lf in the converted message. Is that an issue on a list to fix?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wesbaker View Post
    You provide a conversion tool. You are aware that Outlook requires the crlf. But the tool strips the cr and only puts the lf in the converted message. Is that an issue on a list to fix?
    I think you've misread the post from sam (unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking), this is a problem with Outlook.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Red face Misread

Please look at the original message posted by CHRONATE. He worked here with me when he made the post. The issue may be just CRLF, but mangled tags and apparent character substitution are what you see in Outlook after you run the conversion tool. If you drag and drop the mail (which takes an hour or more per user) you don't get the misbehaviour.

The HTML messages are mangled after they have been run through the conversion tool. Before conversion they are fine. If this is a known issue, I was wondering if it might be something we could hope would be resolved.

Wes

sam

Sam Khavari

Smile Progress

I've been watching the bug report. Looks like they reproduced the problem and opened an issue on it quickly. Thanks! We've moved ahead with drag-n-drop-n-wait for a couple of areas, but have 20 to due on Tuesday and would love to use that tool.

glitch23 is offline Special Member

Looks like its been resolved and fixed. Are we going to have to wait until ZCS 5.0 before we get it to work correctly? Or do we have a chance of seeing a ZCS 4.5.5 soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information