Marcmac, that article is truly glorious.
The forums and the wiki RULE!
We had a receptionist, and she left the company. She had a calendar on her account that was the shared master calendar for the whole company. This presented a problem, because notifications were coming from her account and she is no longer with us, this caused people to wonder what the hell was going on.
1. Create a new account called email@example.com on the zimbra server
2. Set it up with a password
3. Log in as the receptionist, lets say firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Get the URL's on her calendar by right clicking on it, and clicking the Share command. It turns out this was
5. Open up another tab in firefox, enter that URL. Hit enter
6. Save the file as /home/jonnyro/old_master_calendar.ics
7. Use curl to inject it straight into the normal calendar on the new mastercal account, which by default is just called calendar
This worked FLAWLESSLY!
curl -u mastercal:password --data-binary @/home/jonnyro/old_master_calendar.ics http://zimbra.mydomain.com/service/home/mastercal/calendar?fmt=ics
Zimbra you guys are amazing.