Thread: Sendmail to Zimbra migration

ribinjones is offline Starter Member

Default Sendmail to Zimbra migration

Hi,

We got our mail running in sendmail with squirrelmail as frontend running in a Redhat box. I would like to migrate the whole thing to Zimbra ZCS. How can it be possible. Is there a proper howto on the steps to be followed? I am sure, its not an easy thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Ribin

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Details of migration strategies are all over the forums and wiki, you can start by searching the wiki (and the forums) for the word 'imapsync' - read the articles you find and see how it fits into a migration.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

ribinjones is offline Starter Member

Hey Bill,

How can the old and new mail server be up at the same time? Because the domain names need to be the same, right?
    What is imapsync used for? Is it for complete backup of the existing mail server?

To my requirement, it would be fine, if I just get the "inbox" and "sent items" from the old sendmail server migrated to the Zimbra format. For that, do I need to use imapsync? or any other mail format converter is available?

- Ribin

Quote Originally Posted by ribinjones View Post
    How can the old and new mail server be up at the same time? Because the domain names need to be the same, right?
    Search the wiki for Split Domain.

What is imapsync used for? Is it for complete backup of the existing mail server?
    It's used to migrate the mail from one server to another.

To my requirement, it would be fine, if I just get the "inbox" and "sent items" from the old sendmail server migrated to the Zimbra format. For that, do I need to use imapsync? or any other mail format converter is available?
    The forums threads and wiki articles tell you everything you'll ever want to know about moving mail from one server to another.
    Regards

Bill

siddu117 is offline Starter Member

Default send mail to zimbra Migration Help

Hi,

We got our mail running in sendmail with squirrelmail as frontend running in a Redhat box. I would like to migrate the whole thing to Zimbra ZCS. How can it be possible. Is there a proper howto on the steps to be followed? I am sure, its not an easy thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Ribin
    We got our mail running in sendmail with squirrelmail as frontend running in a Redhat box. Send mail doesn't Configure POP,IMAP,SMTP. I would like to migrate the whole thing to Zimbra ZCS. How can it be possible. Is there a proper howto on the steps to be followed? I am sure, its not an easy thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by siddu117 View Post
    We got our mail running in sendmail with squirrelmail as frontend running in a Redhat box. Send mail doesn't Configure POP,IMAP,SMTP. I would like to migrate the whole thing to Zimbra ZCS. How can it be possible. Is there a proper howto on the steps to be followed? I am sure, its not an easy thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You should go to the wiki and search for the word 'sendmail' (or search the forums), you'll find details on how to move your mail to a Zimbra server.
    Regards

Bill

Thread Information