Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Unable to intigrate with WindowsAD

  1. #1
    Unixhero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    4

    Question Unable to intigrate with WindowsAD

    Hi Everybody,

    I am totally new to zimbra server. I installed zimbra (open source) on centos5.5. In Administration console I configured everything, But i'm not able to integrate zimbra with WindowsAD.

    Please help me .......

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,485
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixhero View Post
    I am totally new to zimbra server. I installed zimbra (open source) on centos5.5. In Administration console I configured everything, But i'm not able to integrate zimbra with WindowsAD. .
    What exactly do you mean by 'integrate'? You need to give a better description of your question and any errors you're seeing. Have you also searched the forums or wiki, read the Product Documentation or on-line help for an answer to your question?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Unixhero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Hi Phonix,

    Active directory users can login to the zimbra server with active directory login crdential. if i'm creating an account in active directory, same user can log into the zimbra with AD credential

    Ex. AD user : hari.panda
    password : xxxxxxx
    domain : abc.com

    Hari can open his mail in zimbra with Active Directory Credential

    zimbra user : hari.panda@abc.com
    password : xxxxxxx

    If I'll change hari's password in zimbra, same will change in windows AD.

    I followed ZCA_Admin_Guide, Forums, but not able to get anything from this. What is the procedure to integrate AD users with Zimbra.

    sorry, for my bad English..

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,485
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixhero View Post
    Hi Phonix,

    Active directory users can login to the zimbra server with active directory login crdential. if i'm creating an account in active directory, same user can log into the zimbra with AD credential

    Ex. AD user : hari.panda
    password : xxxxxxx
    domain : abc.com

    Hari can open his mail in zimbra with Active Directory Credential

    zimbra user : hari.panda@abc.com
    password : xxxxxxx

    If I'll change hari's password in zimbra, same will change in windows AD.

    I followed ZCA_Admin_Guide, Forums, but not able to get anything from this. What is the procedure to integrate AD users with Zimbra.

    sorry, for my bad English..
    Currently Active Directory is used just as an external authentication source, you configure that via the Admin UI wizard. There is no synchronisation of passwords between AD & Zimbra, you'll either have to script the synchronisation (there are some scripts in the forums if you search) or wait until this feature is available in Zimbra (you'll find an RFE in bugzilla for this).
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Unixhero is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Windows AD initegration with Zimbra

    Hi,

    I have Windows AD which is in production, I configured zimbra server with the help of ZCA Admin guide. Now I want to pull the users list from the Windows AD to my zimbra server.
    I know how to take a .csv file and can open in zimbra admin console with the help of bulkprovision option. But there is no security.

    can anybody suggest how can integrate users in my zimbra server ?

    I had followed some guide, forums but not able to get anything.

    sorry for my bad english.

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,485
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixhero View Post
    I have Windows AD which is in production, I configured zimbra server with the help of ZCA Admin guide. Now I want to pull the users list from the Windows AD to my zimbra server.
    I know how to take a .csv file and can open in zimbra admin console with the help of bulkprovision option. But there is no security.

    can anybody suggest how can integrate users in my zimbra server ?
    There are details in the forums: site:zimbra.com +"active directory" +script - Yahoo! Search Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Unixhero View Post
    I had followed some guide, forums but not able to get anything.
    When you post a comment like that please give details of what you've actually tried otherwise we have no idea about which 'guides' you've already read.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
  2. [SOLVED] Upgraded to 5.0 OSS - Sendmail Problem
    By Chewie71 in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
  3. AntiVirus unable to connect to localhost
    By net4home in forum Administrators
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
  4. 3.0 to 4.5.3 Upgrade failed (mysql error)
    By dealt in forum Installation
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
  5. Unable to Move Users to a Domain or Delete Domain
    By Justin Rock in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •