Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Zimbra and Plesk

  1. #1
    kerm1t is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Zimbra and Plesk

    Hello,

    I'm thinking of installing Zimbra onto a Plesk server - Plesk currently controls the mail subsystem.

    I know Zimbra prefers to install it's own smtp, pop and imap servers; but would it be possible for me to keep my existing setup, and just use Zimbra as a glorified webmail client? Or would I be better off disabling all mail-related features in Plesk, and letting Zimbra take control? (the disadvantage I can see to this is the need to then migrate mail and accounts into Zimbra)

    Any advice greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,470
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
    Hello,

    I'm thinking of installing Zimbra onto a Plesk server - Plesk currently controls the mail subsystem.

    I know Zimbra prefers to install it's own smtp, pop and imap servers;...
    It's not 'preferred', it's required.

    Quote Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
    ...but would it be possible for me to keep my existing setup, and just use Zimbra as a glorified webmail client?
    The answer to that is no, you can't

    Quote Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
    Or would I be better off disabling all mail-related features in Plesk, and letting Zimbra take control? (the disadvantage I can see to this is the need to then migrate mail and accounts into Zimbra)
    It's required that there are no other mail servers on the system, it's also preferable to have Zimbra as the only 'application' on the server but that would depend on what else your server is used for and how 'busy' your mail server is.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra vs Atmail and Plesk
    By tc211 in forum Migration
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 07:58 AM
  2. Zimbra Installation Problems (RHEL AS v4)
    By stillwell in forum Installation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
  3. Zimbra and Plesk?
    By batmon in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 02:29 AM
  4. Zimbra & Plesk Question
    By Cosmo in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •