Thread: Zimbra 6.06 32 bit to Zimbra 6.07 64 bit imapsync migration errors

dkbk is offline Senior Member

Default Zimbra 6.06 32 bit to Zimbra 6.07 64 bit imapsync migration errors

Hi all

I'm trying to migrate mailboxes from my old server to my new one (both FOSS) and I'm running into a few issues.

First and foremost I used the following wiki page : Scripts to sync to a remote Zimbra backup machine - Zimbra :: Wiki.

I'm using Centos 5.5 x64 on my new machine (migrating from a Centos 5.5 x86) and I installed impasync using yum from the RPMforge repo to get all the dependencies installed, removed the impasync version that installed as it was old and upgraded to the latest version 1.337. I also installed the other requested dependencies on the imapsync wiki page (all of them are installed) since it was stated some of them didn't auto install.

I followed everything from the wiki page I linked to earlier (save for step 3 as I manually populated the accounts instead of using the script provided as I couldn't get it to work reliably and I'm doing this for a limited number of accounts). I use the method where I typed the password and users/domains in a user file (Method 2). My imapsync command line is as follows :

Code:
    for ((i = 0 ; i < ${#users[@]} ; i++ ))
    do
    /usr/bin/imapsync --noauthmd5 --syncinternaldates --subscribe \
    --host1 oldserver.domain.tld --ssl1 --user1 ${users[$i]} --password1 ${passwords[$i]}  \
    --host2 mailserver.domain.tld --ssl2 --user2 ${users[$i]} --password2 ${passwords[$i]}
    done
    Messages actually transferred but I'm getting two errors and two issues :

Error 1) I get the famous NO CAPABILITY for AUTHENTICATE LOGIN error on both my servers. I made sure the the IMAP option for clear text login was enabled and it already was on both servers. I also copied the string exactly like in the wiki but the -noauthmd5 string that is related to this issue is already present in my string.
    Error 2) I get the APPEND failed error when the script is synching contacts. Is did not play with any security permissions of the mailstore and the script are owned by the zimbra user.

Issue 1) Deletes messages on the sourcemailserver in between sync do not delete on the target mailserver using this script. That's not a huge issue first hand as I can just take everything offline for the first migration so people don't delete their mailboxes (it's about 3 hours to sync everything and I can do this at night in order to minimize issues) but I was planning to clone my server to a VM to have an offsite backup and run imapsync remotyl every night to synchronize changes so its going to become an issue for sure. Is that normal ?
    Issue 2) It goes through every contacts but does not actually migrate them. I'm thinking this is related to error 2 but I couldn't find a situation that applied to my case in either the wiki or forums as most people had issues migrating from other types of servers and nobody had issues with contacts but rather attachment size issues. This is the offending line (repeated ad nauseaum for each user/contactsfolder) from the mailbox.log : imap - APPEND failed: folder not writable: Contacts

My searches have not yet yielded any useful info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dkbk View Post
    I'm trying to migrate mailboxes from my old server to my new one (both FOSS) and I'm running into a few issues.
    Why did you not use the procedure here: Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki - it's the same for the OSS version just don't run the specific NE bits.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dkbk is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Why did you not use the procedure here: Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki - it's the same for the OSS version just don't run the specific NE bits.
    I stayed away from the Network Edition documents because I know they use different mechanisms for backups than the FOSS.

Also, since I plan to do backups this way, its a great way to test its actually properly working before rolling out a non-functional backup system.

Getting back to my question though, how would I go about fixing these two issues with imapsync ?

I've since tried an older version of impapsync (the latest available from the Cents repo) with the exact same results.

nosebreaker is offline Active Member

I also am having trouble syncing the "Emailed Contacts" folder. I have been searching and have not found a solution. At first I thought it might be due to the space in the filename, but no combination of quotes or "\ " or anything works.

Couldn't append message #12345 (Subject:something) to folder Emailed Contacts 209: NO APPEND failed

Thread Information